Want to do agriculture courses after 12th and searching the complete details of agriculture courses then don’t worry. In this article, I will discuss the complete details of agriculture courses that you can pursue after completing your 10+2.
The agricultural sector of India plays a major role in the Indian economy. In the year 2020-21 agriculture contributes 19.9% of the Indian total GDP (Gross Domestic Product). The majority of the people in India depend on agriculture. Around 58% of the Indian population depends on agriculture for their livelihood. The agriculture sector provides a lot of job opportunities.
In ancient times the agriculture process was done naturally because at that time there was no technology and machinery. At that time, people used to cultivate with the help of animals.
Now, with the help of technology, the cultivation process becomes more efficient and less time-consuming. People are using modern technology in agriculture. Even biotechnology is used in farming. Biotechnology help to increase the nutritional value of food.
In today’s time agriculture courses in India are one of the popular and demanded courses among students. A lot of students pursue their studies in the agriculture field. If you are an agri-lover and you completed your 12th then you have a lot of opportunities to pursue your future study in the agriculture field because there are a lot of agriculture courses in India after 12th are available.
What is Agriculture?
Agriculture is the art of producing crops, cultivating the soil, and raising animals. Agriculture is the primary source of food for human beings. Those people who do cultivation are known as farmers. The place where farmers keep agriculture stuff is normally known as a farm. Farmers grow varieties of crops in a year like Rabi crops, Kharif crops, and Zaid crops
|Cropping Season||Crops Name|
|Rabi Crops||Wheat, Gram, Pea, Mustard, Linseed, Oats, Barley, etc.|
|Kharif Crops||Rice, Ragi, Soybean, Groundnut, Maize, Millet, Pulses, Cotton, Sugar Cane, Paddy, Jowar, Bajra, Tur, Moong, Urad, etc.|
|Zaid Crops||Cucumber, Muskmelon, Bitter Gourd, Watermelon, Vegetables, Seasonal Fruits, Fodder Crops, etc.|
Agriculture Courses after 12th
There is a lot of option for courses which you can do after 12th. In this article, you will get the details of mainly three levels of agriculture courses.
- Bachelor Level Agriculture Courses
- Diploma Level Agriculture Courses
- Certificate Level Agriculture Courses
Bachelor Level Agriculture Courses
Bachelor level is an undergraduate program of a duration of 3 to 4 years. There are a lot of agriculture courses are come under bachelor categories. The Bachelor program is one of the popular programs after 12th. The majority of the students take bachelor program in any stream after 12th. There are thousands of colleges in India that offers bachelor courses to students. There are mainly two types of bachelor’s degree programs that are popularly known among students.
1. B.Tech. (Bachelor in Technology) or B.E. (Bachelor in Engineering)
Duration:- 4 Year
- B.Tech. or B.E. in Agricultural and Food Technology
- B.Tech or B.E. in Agricultural Engineering
- B.Tech or B.E. in Dairy Technology
- B.Tech or B.E. in Agricultural Information Technology
- B.Tech or B.E. in Agriculture and Dairy Technology
2. B.Sc. (Bachelor in Science)
Duration:- 4 Year
- B.Sc. in Agriculture
- B.Sc. in Agriculture Biotechnology
- B.Sc. in Agriculture and Food Science
- B.Sc. in Plant Science
- B.Sc. in Dairy Science
- B.Sc. in Horticulture
- B.Sc. in Forestry
- B.Sc. in Plant Pathology
- B.Sc. in Fisheries Science
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor Level Agriculture Course
- Candidates must have passed in 12th or any equivalent examination from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should have completed their higher secondary school with a science stream.
- Candidates should be taken physics, chemistry, and mathematics or biology subject in 10+2.
- Candidates should get atleast 50% in their board examination.
Admission Process for Bachelor Level Agriculture Courses
The admission process for agriculture courses after 12th is done in two ways. One is merit basis and another is entrance examination basis. Some government and private colleges take admission on the merit-based on your percentage. Whereas the majority of the colleges, institutes, and universities take an entrance examination for admission in B.Sc, B.E., or B.Tech. Some of the names of the entrance examinations for agriculture courses after 12th are given below.
Agriculture Entrance Examinations
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University (IGKV) CET Exam
- CG Pre Agriculture Test (PAT) Exam
- Punjab Agriculture University (PAU) Entrance Exam
- AP Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test Exam (AP EAMCET)
- MP Pre Agriculture Test (PAT) Exam
- TS Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) Exam
- Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET) Exam
- Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University Exam (HORTICET)
- Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE) Exam
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
- Rajasthan Joint Entrance Test (JET)
- GB Pant University Admission (GBPUAT)
Diploma Level Agriculture Courses
A diploma is a certificate-level program of an average duration of 1 to 2 years. Diploma programs are known as short-term programs. A diploma is also a popular course among students.
Those who want to study in the agriculture field in a short period of time can pursue a diploma in agriculture courses. There are so many agriculture courses are available at the diploma level. You can do a diploma in agriculture courses after 12th.
Many diploma institutes in India provide diploma in agriculture courses to students. You can take admission in any government or private diploma institutes that offer agriculture courses.
Diploma in Agriculture courses
Duration:- 1 Year to 2 Year
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Food Processing
- Diploma in Floriculture
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Vegetable Production
- Diploma in Management Non-Wood Forest Products
- Diploma in Farm Management
- Diploma in Agro Journalism
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- Diploma in Fodder and Feed Technology
- Diploma in Meat Products Technology
- Diploma in Fisheries Technology
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Agriculture Courses
- Candidates must have qualified in 10th standard from a recognized board of education.
- 12th passed students are also eligible to take admission in diploma in agriculture courses.
- All stream students are eligible to take admission.
- ITI students are eligible to take admission.
Admission Process for Diploma in Agriculture Courses
The admission process for a diploma is the same as bachelor’s degree courses. There are two methods of admission to diploma courses. One is the entrance examination and another is merit-based admission. Generally, government colleges take an entrance examination for admission whereas private colleges take admission on the basis of merit lists. The name of the entrance exam for diploma courses is POLYCET (Polytechnic Common Entrance Test).
Certificate Level Agriculture Courses
Duration:- 1 to 2 Year
Eligibility:- 10th Passed
It is also a short-term course of a duration of 1 to 2 years. It is a vocational training certificate program. You can do these certificate agriculture courses after 12th or 10th. In this certificate, in agriculture courses, you will get the basic knowledge about agriculture and different aspects of agriculture. There are many agriculture courses are available in the certificate-level courses. The certificate in agriculture courses are as follows:
- Certificate Course in Horticulture
- Certificate Course in Home Gardening
- Certificate Course in Mushroom Production
- Certificate Course in Agricultural Science
- Certificate Course in Beekeeping
- Certificate Course in Fish Farming
- Certificate Course in Fruit Production
- Certificate Course in Vegetable Production
- Certificate Course in Aquaculture
- Certificate Course in Commercial Flower Production
- Certificate Course in Bio-fertilizer Production
- Certificate Course in Sericulture
- Certificate Course in Floriculture
- Certificate Course in Organic Farming
Related Read:- List of Veterinary Courses after 10th (Complete Guide)
Agriculture Courses after 12th Jobs
The agriculture industry always becomes a growing industry in all over the world. The agriculture industry provides a lot of job opportunities to people. As the startup culture in India is growing fast it innovates new agriculture startups in India. The agriculture startup scales agriculture to the next level. The production of many crops is increasing tremendously in the recent few years. Many agricultural products were imported from India to abroad countries. So, as a result, It creates a lot of new job opportunities.
Jobs Area in Agricultural Field
- Agro-Biotech Companies
- Agricultural Department
- Agricultural Insurance Companies
- Dairy Consultant Agencies
- Animal Industry
- Animal Farm
- Dairy Farm
- Fruit and Vegetable Farm
- Fertilizer Companies
- Commercial Farming
- Food Chain
Jobs Profile in Agricultural Field
- Farm Manager
- Farming Consultant
- Crop Consultant
- Soil Engineer
- Agricultural Inspector
- Conservation Planner
- Food Technologist
- Agricultural Engineer
- Agricultural Scientist
- Breeding Manager
- Plant Geneticist
Agriculture Colleges in India
|Banaras Hindu University (BHU)||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh|
|Lovely Professional University (LPU)||Jalandhar, Punjab|
|Chandigarh University (CU)||Chandigarh, Punjab|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||Delhi|
|SAM Global University||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Central Institutes of Agricultural Engineering (CIAE)||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Tamil Nadu Agricultural University||Coimbatore|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Institutes (JNU)||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Punjab Agricultural University (PAU)||Ludhiana, Punjab|
|National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI)||Karnal, Haryana|
|Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology||Pantnagar, Uttarakhand|
|Assam Agricultural University||Johrat, Assam|
|Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology||Bhubaneshwar, Odisha|
|Patliputra University||Patna, Bihar|
|Anand Agricultural University (AAU)||Anand, Gujarat|
|University of Madras||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Tamil Nadu Agricultural University||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|University of Horticultural Sciences||Bagalkot, Karnataka|
|Birsa Agricultural Unversity||Ranchi, Jharkhand|
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I apply for agriculture after 12th?
You can apply for agriculture courses after 12th when the application form is released by respected authorities.
Can I do agriculture courses after 12th science?
Yes, you can do agriculture courses after 12th science.
What is the salary of agriculture officer?
The average salary of an agriculture officer is around ₹40,000 to ₹80,000 in INR.
Is agriculture good for career?
Yes, definitely good for a career.
What is the qualification of agriculture officer?
The candidate should have a 4 years bachelor’s degree in agriculture.
Can I do diploma in agriculture courses after 12th?
Yes, you can do a diploma in agriculture courses after 12th.
Above you get details about agriculture courses after 12th. I hope you get your answer from this article. If you have any queries or doubt then do comment down below.