Are you interested in vehicles like cars, bikes and do you want to make a career in the automobile industry? If yes, you came to know that Diploma in Automobile Engineering is one of the best courses. And so you want to do a diploma in automobile engineering course but the problem is you don’t know much about this course. That’s why you are searching for this course. So I would like to tell you that your search is over because in this article I will share various aspects of the Diploma in Automobile course.
A diploma in automobile engineering is a 3-year program that deals with the study of automobiles. It is a sub-branch of mechanical engineering. A diploma in automobile engineering is also known as a polytechnic in automobile engineering.
Students who are passed in 10th standard from a recognized board are eligible to do a diploma course in automobile engineering. There are many polytechnic colleges that offer Diploma in Automobile Engineering courses. You can do this course from a government or private polytechnic college.
The admission process in this course is either merit-based or entrance examination-based. Every state conducts its own polytechnic entrance examination for diploma courses. Although, there are many private polytechnic institutes that also conduct their own entrance examination.
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering Course Details
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering Eligibility
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering Course Duration
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering Admission Process
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering Subjects
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering Course Fees
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering Jobs
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering Colleges
- Career Options after Diploma in Automobile Engineering
Diploma in Automobile Engineering Course: Overview
|Course Name||Diploma in Automobile Engineering|
|Course Fees||₹10,000 – ₹50,000 (Government)|
₹20,000 – ₹2,00,000 (Private)
|Jobs Salary||₹15,000 to 30,000 per month|
Diploma in Automobile Engineering Course Details
A diploma in automobile engineering is a junior engineering course that deals with the study of automobiles. In this course, candidates will be taught about the process of installation, maintenance, manufacturing of vehicle parts, designing, and developing automobile equipment.
It is one of the popular automobile courses after 10th that includes some elements of mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, electrical engineering, and software engineering. Basically, In this diploma-level course candidates will learn the basic aspects of automobile engineering.
In order to get advanced study in automobile engineering, candidates can take admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech in automobile engineering after the completion of a diploma in automobile engineering. There is an entrance exam called LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test), By giving this exam you can take direct admission in the second year of B.Tech.
Candidates can get many job opportunities in the automobile industry after the completion of a diploma in automobile engineering. Candidates can work in factories, manufacturing plants, and warehouses of automobile companies.
You can also do a Diploma in Automobile Engineering course in distance education mode. There are many private polytechnic colleges that offer a Diploma in Automobile Engineering in distance education mode.
Diploma in Automobile Engineering Eligibility
Candidates who want to take admission with a diploma in automobile engineering must full fill the below eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have passed class 10th or equivalent exam from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should get at least a 50% mark in class 10th.
- Candidates can also pursue a diploma in automobile engineering after 12th through lateral entry.
Diploma in Automobile Engineering Course Duration
The duration of the diploma in an automobile engineering course is 3 years. If you want to do this course after 12th then the course duration for you becomes 2 years. The course is divided into 6 semesters and each semester consists 6 months of duration.
Duration:- 3 Years (General) or 2 Years (Lateral Entry)
Diploma in Automobile Engineering Admission Process
There are mainly two ways through which candidates can take admission to the polytechnic college. One is merit-based admission and another is entrance-based admission. However, there are few private polytechnic colleges that take direct admission without taking any entrance examination. The process of following the admission process is given below.
Merit-Based Admission:- In this process of admission the candidates are selected on the basis of a merit list and the merit list is based on the percentage of the respective exams. Candidates just have to fill out the application form by visiting the official website of the state board or college. Candidates also have to pay the application form fee through digital payment.
Entrance-Based Admission:- In this process of admission the candidates have to give an entrance examination in order to get admission to polytechnic colleges. The selection process depends on the rank of the candidates i.e. good rank provides good college. You will get your allotment letter from the counselling round. I will explain the full procedure in short and simple steps.
- Step 1 – Open the official website of the board or college.
- Step 2 – Register your account by providing your mobile number or Email.
- Step 3 – Search and open the application form for diploma courses.
- Step 4 – Fill up the full application form by providing your details.
- Step 5 – Upload your document written on the web page.
- Mark Sheet
- School Leaving Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Your Signature on White Page
- Step 6 – After doing all the steps you get your receipt, and download that receipt to your system or device.
Download the admit card from the official website when it is released by the authorities. On the admit card you get the date and centre of examination. Carry your admit card along with your passport-size photograph when you go for examination.
Download your results from the official website. After a couple of days, the authorities conduct counselling rounds and candidates must attend a counselling round. From there you get the allotment letter for your interested college. Finally, visit the college and take admission in diploma in automobile engineering course.
Diploma in Automobile Engineering Subjects
The subjects of the diploma in automobile engineering are divided into 6 semesters. The diploma in automobile engineering subjects and syllabus are as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|1. Applied Mathematics I|
2. Applied Science Lab
3. Automobile Machine Shop
4. Automobile Chassis and Transmission
5. Auto Electrical and Electronics
6. Auto Repair and Maintenance
|1. Automotive Engines|
2. Automotive Estimation and Costing
3. Automobile Mechanics
4. Automotive Engine Auxiliary Systems
5. Automobile Workshop Practice
6. Automobile Workshop Practice
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|1. Automotive Pollution and Control|
2. Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
3. CAD Practice
4. Basic Computer Skills Lab
5. Computer-Aided Engineering Graphics
6. C Programming Lab
|1. English Communication|
2. Machine Design and Theory of M/Cs
3. Engine and Vehicle Testing Lab
4. Mechanical Testing Lab
5. Machine Design and Theory of M/Cs
6. Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Power Plant
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|1. Motor Vehicle Management|
2. Project, Industrial Visit, and Seminar
3. Modern Vehicle Technology
4. Special Vehicle and Equipment
5. Organizational Management
6. Strength of Materials
|1. Thermal Engineering I|
2. Vehicle Maintenance Lab
3. Foundry, Welding, and Sheet Metal Practice
4. Vehicle Maintenance
Note:- Subjects may vary from state to state.
Diploma in Automobile Engineering Course Fees
The fees for a diploma in automobile engineering is may vary from college to college. However, government polytechnic colleges have lesser fees compared to private polytechnic colleges.
- Government Colleges Fees:- ₹10,000 to ₹50,000
- Private Colleges Fees:- ₹20,000 to ₹2,00,000
Diploma in Automobile Engineering Jobs
There are a lot of job opportunities are available in the field of automobiles. Candidates can apply for a job in automobile companies after the completion of a diploma in automobile engineering course. Generally, companies came for placement on the college campus. You can also start preparation for government competitive examinations.
- Automobile Equipment Factory
- Automobile Supplier Agencies
- Automobile Manufacturing Plants
- Automobile Distributors Warehouse
- Automobile Service Centers
- Automobile Technician
- Automobile Mechanic
- Automobile Designer
- Production Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Material Specialist
- Associate Manager
Salary depend on many factors such as experience, skills, performance, personality, etc. Generally, in starting period the salary you get may become low. As years pass the salary also increases. The average salary that a fresher would get is around ₹1,80,000 to ₹3,60,000 per annum.
Average Salary:- ₹1,80,000 to ₹3,60,000 yearly
Diploma in Automobile Engineering Colleges
|1. Government Polytechnic Nashik||Nashik, Maharashtra|
|2. Government Polytechnic Nagpur||Nagpur, Maharashtra|
|3. Government Polytechnic Ahmedabad||Ahmedabad, Gujarat|
|4. Government Polytechnic Hyderabad||Hyderabad, Telangana|
|5. Government Polytechnic Aurangabad||Aurangabad, Maharashtra|
|6. Government Polytechnic Mangalore||Mangaluru, Karnataka|
|7. Government Polytechnic Ahmednagar||Ahmednagar, Maharashtra|
|8. Government Polytechnic College Kottayam||Nattakom, Kerala|
|9. Government Polytechnic Gorakhpur||Gorakhpur, Utter Pradesh|
|10. New Government Polytechnic College||Patna, Bihar|
Career Options after Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Candidates can go for B.Tech in automobile engineering.
- Candidates can go for higher studies in the mechanical field.
- Candidates can do other diploma programs.
- Candidates can do apprentice training.
- Candidates can start their own automobile business or candidates can join any job.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the duration of a diploma in automobile engineering course?
The duration of the diploma in an automobile engineering course is 3 years and it has 6 semesters.
Can I do B.tech after diploma in automobile engineering?
Yes, you can take admission to B.tech by giving the LEET entrance examinations.
Can I do automobile engineering after 10th?
Yes, you can diploma in automobile engineering after 10th.
How to become automobile engineer after 10th?
You can become an automobile engineer after 10th by completing the 3 years diploma in automobile course.
Which course is best after Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
B.tech in Mechanical and B.tech in Automobile Engineering is one of the best courses after diploma in automobile engineering.
Can I get job after Diploma in automobile engineering?
Yes, you can easily get a job after completing a diploma in automobile engineering.