Banking and finance courses are of the popular courses among students. A lot of students take admission in banking and finance-related courses every year. Banking and finance are some of the industries that provide a lot of job opportunities.
Are you interested in the banking and finance field and you searching for good short-term courses in banking and finance then a diploma in banking and finance is the best option for you. In this article, I will discuss the complete details about the diploma in banking and finance course such as its admission process, eligibility criteria, duration, syllabus, subjects, fees, colleges, career scope, jobs, salary, and many more.
Banking and finance are one the largest growing industry in a recent couple of years. People are more concerned about their finances and their management. Talking on 10 to 15 years back people used to keep their money in their home but as the world is developing the banking infrastructure is spreading in every place. Now almost every place has a banking infrastructure.
Now people are keeping their money in a bank. People are taking a benefit from a bank like taking a loan or earning a fixed percentage of money in their fixed deposit amount. We are talking a lot about banking job opportunities and scope in the below section of this article. First, let us know the basic details of the diploma in banking and finance course.
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Course: Overview
- What is Diploma in Banking and Finance?
- Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Admission Process for Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Duration for Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Syllabus
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Course Fees
- Benefit of Doing Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Jobs
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Career Options
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Colleges
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Diploma in Banking and Finance Course: Overview
|Course Name||Diploma in Banking and Finance|
|Average Course Fees||₹10,000 to ₹60,000|
What is Diploma in Banking and Finance?
Diploma in Banking and Finance is a short-term program of duration 1 year. It is a course about banking and its financial management. In this diploma course, you will get in-depth knowledge in the field of banking and finance and you also know different aspects of banking and finance. You can pursue this diploma course after 12th. There are many institutes and colleges in India that offer diploma in banking and finance course to students.
Generally, students who have passed in 12th board examination from a commerce stream can be interested to take a diploma in banking and finance course. Although other stream students are also eligible to take admission in this diploma course.
A diploma in banking and finance is one of the popular courses because it provides a lot of job opportunities and future study scope in the field of banking and finance.
After completing this diploma course you are eligible to work in the banking and finance sector.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Banking and Finance
The basic eligibility criteria for getting admission in this diploma course are as follow:
- Candidates must have passed in 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should get at least 50% marks.
- Some colleges take only graduate candidates. So, graduate students are also eligible to take admission.
Admission Process for Diploma in Banking and Finance
The candidate who is interested to take admission to colleges that offer diploma courses in banking and finance must have full fill the basic criteria. The admission process varies from college to college. Some colleges take direct admission, some colleges take admission based on entrance examinations, some colleges take merit-based admission, some colleges take interviews before admission.
Direct Admission:- In the direct admission process students can only fill the application form for admission to the diploma course. Students provide their basic documents in the application form and students pay the admission fees at the college payment counter.
Entrance Based Admission:- Some of the colleges like the Indian Institutes of Banking and Finance conduct entrance examinations for admission. In entrance examination methods you will do a few processes to sit in the entrance exams. I will explain the online process in simple short steps.
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of the college.
- Step 2 – Register your account and fill the entrance test form for a diploma in banking and finance course.
- Step 3 – After that upload your documentation required for the exam along with your passport size photo (Instruction Given on that web page).
- Step 4 – Pay the fees for that entrance exam through UPI, debit card, credit card, net banking, etc.
- Step 5 – After that, you get a receipt in which several things is written like the release date of admit card and results.
- Step 6 – Download your admit card on the released date (Written on your receipt). On admit card, you see the examination date and center.
- Step 7 – Visit the center for the entrance examination.
- Step 8 – Last but not least see your result on the date when results were released by the respected authorities. Visit the college and take admission on the basis of your result.
Merit-Based Admission:- In this process, you submit your filled-up application form to the college or college website. After that colleges or institutes released a merit list. The name that comes under the merit list can take admission to that college. So, if your name comes under the merit list then you visit the college and take admission on a diploma in banking and finance.
Interview:- The interview is taken by some of the colleges. I hope you know the meaning of the Interview.
Duration for Diploma in Banking and Finance
Duration:- 1 Year (2 Semester)
The duration for the diploma in banking and finance course is 1 year and the course is divided into two semesters each semester has a duration of 6 months.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Principles and Practises of Banking||Marketing of Financial Services|
|Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking||Business Law|
|Accounting and Finance for Bankers||Taxation – Direct and Indirect|
|Business Economics||Retail Banking|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||Information Systems for Managers|
|Organizational Behavior||Business Communication and Etiquette|
Diploma in Banking and Finance Course Fees
|College Type||Average Fees|
|Government Colleges||₹1,000 to ₹5,000|
|Private Colleges||₹10,000 to ₹60,000|
Benefit of Doing Diploma in Banking and Finance
- You will learn lot of skills in the field of banking and finance.
- It is a short term course.
- After completing diploma in banking and finance course you will get enormous job opportunities.
- You have lot of future study scope after completing this diploma course.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Jobs
The banking sector is growing day by day and it creates a lot of job opportunities. After completing this diploma course you can work in the banking or financial industry in a government sector or in a private sector.
- Private Banks
- Government Banks
- Corporate Banking
- Insurance Firms
- Financial Sector
- Education Institutes
- Credit Administration
- Auditing Departments
- Public Organization
- Stock Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Market Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Data Entry Operator
- Process Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Equity Research Analyst
- Securities Analyst
- Corporate Analyst
- Loss Control Specialist
- Finance Manager
- Recovery Agent
- Sales Manager
- Sales Officer
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Loan Counsellor
- Asset Manager
The average salary of a fresher would get around 2 lakhs to 3 lakhs per annum.
Salary:- 2 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs
Diploma in Banking and Finance Career Options
There are huge career options after a diploma in banking and finance. If you want to pursue a course after this diploma course then you have many career options.
- You can do Undergraduate course in the field of banking, finance, accounting, management, and insurance.
- You can do other diploma level programs.
- You can start preparation for government competitive exams.
- You can start preparation for Chartered Accountant.
- You can start your own business in the banking and finance field.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Colleges
|MIT College of Management||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Greenway Institutes of Management Studies||Dehradun, Uttarakhand|
|Indian Institutes of Banking and Finance||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Mansarovar Global University||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Marathwada Mitramandal’s College of Commerce||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Swami Vivekanand University||Madhya Pradesh|
|New Arts, Commerce, and Science College||Ahmednagar, Maharashtra|
|Guru Kashi University||Bathinda, Punjab|
|National Post Graduate College||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
Also Read:- Best Courses after 12th Commerce (2021 Update)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the qualification for PG diploma?
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree.
Can I do diploma in banking and finance in distance mode?
Yes, you can do a diploma in banking and finance in distance mode. Some colleges provide distance mode learning.