Do you come from a commerce background or do you have an interest in finance? If yes, and you want that you do a course related to finance, whose scope is good. Then you started searching which course is good only then did you come to know about Diploma in Banking and Finance course and you have made up your mind that you have to do this course.
If this entire scenario is true or you have any other reason to do a Diploma in Banking and Finance course and you are searching for details of this course then you landed at the right site. In this article, In this article, I have discussed all the aspects of the Diploma in banking and finance course.
A diploma in banking and finance is a short-term popular course with a duration of 1 year. Students of all streams are eligible to pursue this course provided their secondary education is completed by a recognized education board. The minimum eligibility criteria to get admitted to a diploma in banking and finance course is 12th pass. Even, though some institutes offer this course after graduation and after graduation, the duration of this course also decreases.
There are many private as well as government institutes or colleges which offer Diploma in Banking and Finance course to students. However, the admission procedure vary from college to college.
- What is Diploma in Banking and Finance?
- Eligibility for Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Duration
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Admission 2022
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Syllabus
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Course Fees
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Benefits
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Jobs Scope
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Career Options
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Colleges
Diploma in Banking and Finance Course: Overview
|Course Name||Diploma in Banking and Finance|
|Level of Course||Diploma|
|Minimum Qualification||12th Pass|
|Average Course Fees||₹2,000 to ₹10,000 (Government)|
₹10,000 to ₹50,000 (Private)
|Jobs Salary||₹2,00,000 to 3,00,000 annually|
What is Diploma in Banking and Finance?
Diploma in banking and finance is a 1 year short term skill based course in which one can study about legal & regulatory aspects of banking, business law, taxation, business economics, business communication, principal of banking, marketing of financial services, and many more terms related to financial sector. In this course you will learn most of the aspects through theoretical medium. However, there are some topics that only you will be able to know through practical knowledge.
This is a simple course for those people who want to know basic about Banking and Finance. In this description, you will get to know the importance of technology, how technology is playing a role in today’s world in our banking and finance sector. Also, what are the challenges that are coming and how are they being resolved, you will read these things.
This course is skill based as well as job oriented. After finishing this course, you will be so capable that you will get basic level job in banking or finance industries. After completing this course you get great job opportunities.
Eligibility for Diploma in Banking and Finance
The basic eligibility criteria for getting admission in this diploma course are as follow:
- Candidates must have passed in 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks.
- Some colleges only take graduate candidates. So, graduate students are also eligible to take admission.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Duration
The duration for the diploma in banking and finance course is 1 year and the course is divided into two semesters each semester has a duration of 6 months.
Duration:- 1 Year (2 Semester)
Diploma in Banking and Finance Admission 2022
It is very difficult to tell the exact date of admission because the admission date for diploma in banking and finance course fluctuate from college to college. Some college start taking admission from the month of March whereas some college start taking admission from June. So If you want to know the exact date, my advice would be to contact the concerned college in which you want to take admission for Diploma in Banking and Finance course.
Candidates who are interested to take admission to colleges that offer diploma courses in banking and finance must have full fill the basic criteria. Some colleges take direct admission, some colleges take admission based on entrance examinations, some colleges take merit-based admission, and some colleges take interviews before admission.
Direct Admission:- In the direct admission process students can only fill the application form for admission to the diploma course. Students provide their basic documents in the application form and students pay the admission fees at the college payment counter.
Entrance Based Admission:- Some colleges like the Indian Institutes of Banking and Finance conduct entrance examinations for admission. In entrance examination methods you will do a few processes to sit in the entrance exams. I will explain the online process in simple short steps.
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of the college.
- Step 2 – Register your account and fill out the entrance test form for a diploma in banking and finance course.
- Step 3 – After that upload your documentation required for the exam along with your passport size photo (Instruction Given on that web page).
- Step 4 – Pay the fees for that entrance exam through UPI, debit card, credit card, net banking, etc.
- Step 5 – After that, you get a receipt in which several things are written like the release date of admit card and results.
- Step 6 – Download your admit card on the released date (Written on your receipt). On admit card, you see the examination date and centre.
- Step 7 – Visit the centre for the entrance examination.
- Step 8 – Last but not least see your result on the date when results were released by the respected authorities. Visit the college and get admitted on the basis of your result.
Merit-Based Admission:- In this process, you submit your filled-up application form to the college or college website. After that colleges or institutes released a merit list. The name that comes under the merit list can take admission to that college. So, if your name comes under the merit list then you visit the college and take admission with a diploma in banking and finance.
Interview:- The interview is taken by some of the colleges. I hope you know the meaning of the Interview.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Principles and Practises of Banking||Marketing of Financial Services|
|Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking||Business Law|
|Accounting and Finance for Bankers||Taxation – Direct and Indirect|
|Business Economics||Retail Banking|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||Information Systems for Managers|
|Organizational Behavior||Business Communication and Etiquette|
Diploma in Banking and Finance Course Fees
The course fees for diploma in banking and finance is vary from college to college. If you pursue this diploma course from government college then you see the course fees is relatively low and if you do from private college then the course fees is comparatively high. On average the fees for a diploma in banking and finance course for government colleges and private colleges are as follows:
- Government Colleges:- ₹2,000 to ₹10,000
- Private Colleges:- ₹10,000 to ₹50,000
Diploma in Banking and Finance Benefits
- You will learn a lot of skills in the field of banking and finance.
- It is a short-term course.
- After completing a diploma in banking and finance course you will get enormous job opportunities.
- You have a lot of future study scope after completing this diploma course.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Jobs Scope
Banking and finance is the biggest growing industry in recent years. People are more concerned about their finances and their management. Talking about 10 to 15 years ago, people used to keep their money in their house but as the world is developing banking infrastructure is spreading everywhere. Now almost everywhere there is banking infrastructure.
Now people are keeping their money in a bank. People are taking a benefit from a bank like taking a loan or earning a fixed percentage of money in their fixed deposit amount.
The banking sector is growing day by day and it creates a lot of job opportunities. After completing this diploma course you can work in the banking or financial industry in a government sector or in a private sector.
- Private Banks
- Government Banks
- Corporate Banking
- Insurance Firms
- Financial Sector
- Education Institutes
- Credit Administration
- Auditing Departments
- Public Organization
- Stock Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Market Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Data Entry Operator
- Process Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Equity Research Analyst
- Securities Analyst
- Corporate Analyst
- Loss Control Specialist
- Finance Manager
- Recovery Agent
- Sales Manager
- Sales Officer
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Loan Counsellor
- Asset Manager
Diploma in Banking and Finance Salary
The job salary depend on various factor such as your skills, experience, knowledge, communication skill, performance, etc. So, it is difficult to tell exact what salary you get after placement. Salary mau differ from person to person for same post. The average salary of a fresher would get around 2 lakhs to 3 lakhs per annum.
Salary:- 2 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs
Diploma in Banking and Finance Career Options
There are huge career options after a diploma in banking and finance. If you want to pursue a course after this diploma course then you have many career options.
- You can do an Undergraduate courses in the field of banking, finance, accounting, management, and insurance.
- You can do other diploma-level programs.
- You can start preparing for government competitive exams.
- You can start preparation for Chartered Accountant.
- You can start your own business in the banking and finance field.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Colleges
|MIT College of Management||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Greenway Institutes of Management Studies||Dehradun, Uttarakhand|
|Indian Institutes of Banking and Finance||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Mansarovar Global University||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Marathwada Mitramandal’s College of Commerce||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Swami Vivekanand University||Madhya Pradesh|
|New Arts, Commerce, and Science College||Ahmednagar, Maharashtra|
|Guru Kashi University||Bathinda, Punjab|
|National Post Graduate College||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
Also Read:- Best Courses after 12th Commerce (2022 Update)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I do Diploma in Banking after 12th?
Yes, you can do diploma in banking and finance course after 12th pass.
Can I do diploma in banking and finance in distance mode?
Yes, you can do a diploma in banking and finance in distance mode. Some colleges provide distance mode learning.
Is a diploma in banking and finance worth it?
If you want to acquire basic knowledge or skill in banking and finance then you must go for diploma in banking and finance course. Also, you can get job opportunities after completion of banking and finance diploma course.
Can I get job after diploma in banking?
Yes, if you well skilled in banking then you can easily get job after diploma in banking.