Are you a person who has an interest in the medical field and want to diploma course in the clinical pathology stream? If yes and looking for the details of the diploma in clinical pathology course. In this article, I will discuss the full details of this diploma course in clinical pathology.
A diploma in Clinical Pathology is a 2 years diploma level program in the medical field. It is one of the popular diploma courses after graduation in the medical field. You can do this diploma in clinical pathology course after completing a bachelor’s degree in science stream from a recognized board of the university.
Generally, the admission process is done via an entrance exam or merit basis. College or institutes take their own entrance examination for admission in diploma in clinical pathology course. Some colleges also take an interview round before taking admission.
You can do this diploma course in clinical pathology from government medical colleges or from private medical colleges. There are many medical colleges in both government as well as private sectors that offer this diploma in clinical pathology courses to students. The fees in private colleges are relatively high as compared to government colleges for this diploma course.
Let’s move forward and know the brief details of this diploma course.
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology Course: Overview
- What is Diploma in Clinical Pathology?
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology Eligibility
- Duration for Diploma in Clinical Pathology
- Admission Process for Diploma in Clinical Pathology Course
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology Course Syllabus
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology Fees
- Benefit of Doing Diploma in Clinical Pathology Course
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology: Jobs & Career Options
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology Colleges
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Diploma in Clinical Pathology Course: Overview
|Course Name||Diploma in Clinical Pathology|
|Average Course Fees||₹10,000 to ₹3,00,000|
What is Diploma in Clinical Pathology?
A diploma in Clinical Pathology is a diploma paramedical program with a duration of 2 years. It is a course that deals with the study of pathology, haematology, microbiology, biochemistry, histopathology, diagnostics, etc. Students learn different aspects of clinical pathology in both theoretical and practical ways of learning.
Students are taught many things in a practical laboratory such as doing diagnoses by using laboratory equipment. Students are taught all the uses of laboratories instrument from a basic level. Students learn types of body testing, basic body checkup, blood testing, blood sugar, blood pressure, urine test, kidney checkup, and many more.
Diploma in Clinical Pathology Eligibility
Below are the eligibility criteria for a diploma in clinical pathology course and students must full fill these eligibility criteria for getting admission in this diploma course.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exams from a recognized board of education.
- Candidate must have taken physics, chemistry, and biology subject in 10+2.
- Candidates must have a graduation degree from a science stream.
- Candidates should get minimum of 50% marks.
Duration for Diploma in Clinical Pathology
The duration of the diploma in clinical pathology course is 2 years.
Duration:- 2 Years
Admission Process for Diploma in Clinical Pathology Course
The admission process for Diploma in clinical pathology course is done via several methods. It depends on the college which you are interested in, some college takes admission on an entrance test basis, some colleges take admission on a merit list basis, some take direct admission without taking any exam, whereas some colleges may take interview before admission. I will explain the process for these admission methods in a simple way.
Direct Admission:- Indirect admission process, candidates can take admission directly in diploma in clinical pathology course without giving any entrance exam or interview. Students just fill up and submit the admission form to the college. Students may pay the admission fees before admission.
Entrance Based Admission:- In entrance-based admission students first give the entrance examination and then get the result. After that, you get admission based on your results. I will discuss the full process of filling out the entrance examination form in short simple steps. These processes are based on colleges that take an entrance examination for a diploma in clinical pathology course and the below steps are done through online mode.
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of the college.
- Step 2 – Register your account by giving your mobile number or email.
- Step 3 – Open the application form and then fillup the form by giving your details.
- Step 4 – After that submit the fillup form and go to the next page.
- Step 5 – On the next page upload the document that is written on that web page along with your passport size photos.
- Step 6 – After uploading the document go to the next page.
- Step 7 – Now, you should pay the entrance examination fees through digital payment like UPI, debit card, credit card, net banking, mobile banking, etc.
- Step 8 – After completing all the above steps you get a receipt. On that receipt, all the information is given like the released date of admit card and results.
- Step 9 – Download your admit card on the released date. On your admit card, you see the date and centre of examination.
- Step 10 – Visit the centre on the examination date and give the entrance exam (Preparation tips for entrance exams are given below).
- Step 11 – Download your results when the results were declared by the respected authorities of that college.
- Step 12 – Last but not least, Visit the college along with your results and take admission.
Merit-Based Admission:- In merit-based admission, the process for admission is simple, your work is just to fill up and submit the application form to the college. After a few days the college released a merit list for students who are eligible to take admission in diploma in clinical pathology course. If your name comes on the merit list then you can take admission in a diploma course in clinical pathology at that college.
- Note:- Generally, the merit list is based on marks obtained in the exams.
Interview:– The interview is taken by some of the colleges. In the interview round, students have to give an oral test in front of the college faculty. Based on your performance in the interview you get admission.
Preparation Tips for Entrance Exams
- Candidates should deeply revise the syllabus of class 11th and class 12th. Focuses on main subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology, English, etc. You can see the curriculum of entrance exams before starting preparation.
- Candidates should start practising a lot of objective questions. Candidates can solve previous year’s questions.
- One of the most important factor that every candidates can face in entrance exams is timing. You should focus on your timing i.e. how much time its take to solve a problem. By practising you can increase your speed and reduce your time taken in a question.
- Every day you must give some mock test paper.
Diploma in Clinical Pathology Course Syllabus
|1. Clinical Research Guidelines and Regulations|
|2. Clinical Trial Planning and Design|
|3. Clinical Trial Conduct, Compliance, and Quality Assurance|
|5. Data Analysis and Management in Clinical Research|
|6. Clinical Research Management|
|7. Basic Safety|
Diploma in Clinical Pathology Fees
|College Type||Average Fees|
|Government Colleges||₹10,000 to ₹2,00,000|
|Private Colleges||₹50,000 to ₹5,00,000|
The benefit of Doing Diploma in Clinical Pathology Course
- The diploma is a short-term course. You can complete this course in a short period of time and get a diploma certificate in clinical pathology.
- You get to experience new things while doing practicals in the laboratory.
- You get a chance to train with highly qualified doctors.
- After completing a diploma in clinical pathology course you have enormous opportunities for jobs.
- You can work in the medical sector. Generally, In the medical sector, people get a good amount of salary.
Diploma in Clinical Pathology: Jobs & Career Options
Clinical pathology comes under the medical field. We all know that medicine is one of the sectors that provide a lot of job opportunities. Clinical pathology is a popular choice among medical students because it offers good job opportunities. After completing the clinical pathology course, you can work in the government sector or in the private sector. Some of the job areas are as follows:
- Government Hospitals
- Private Hospitals
- Clinical Laboratory
- Nursing Homes
- Community Healthcare Centers
- Medical Colleges
- Medical Institutes
- Research Centers
- Medicine Company
- Clinical Pathologist
- Clinical Manager
- Forensic Technician
- Lab Executive
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Health Care Workers
- Medical Lab Technician
The average salary of clinical pathologists is ₹40,000 to ₹60,000 per month.
Average Salary:- ₹40,000 to ₹60,000 per month.
Career Options after Diploma in Clinical Pathology
- You can pursue a master’s degree in your medical stream.
- You can start preparation for any medical examinations.
- You can go for Ph.D. after completing your master’s degree.
- You can join other diploma programs like diploma in pharmacy or DMLT course after this diploma course.
Diploma in Clinical Pathology Colleges
|Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||Pune, Maharashtra|
|B R Ambedkar Medical College||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Madras Medical College||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore, Tamil Nadu|
|King George’s Medical College||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Gajra Raja Medical College||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|B J Medical College||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Government Medical College||Amritsar, Punjab|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the eligibility for diploma in clinical pathology?
The eligibility for a diploma in clinical pathology course is students must have a graduation degree from a science stream.
Can I do pathology after BSC?
Yes, you can do a pathology course after completing your BSc.
How many duration does it take to complete the full diploma in clinical pathology course?
It takes 2 years to complete the full diploma in the clinical pathology course.
Is pathologist a doctor?
Yes, you can consider a pathologist a doctor but his work is in a medical laboratory.
Is pathology a good career?
Yes, pathology is a good career option in the medical field.
What is the average salary of a pathologist?
The average salary of a pathologist is ₹40,000 to 60,000 per month.