Want to do a diploma in fashion designing course? and searching the details of diploma course in fashion designing. In this article, I will discuss the full details of the diploma in fashion designing course in a brief.
A diploma in fashion designing is a short-term one-year diploma-level program. It is one of the popular diploma courses in the field of design. Students who are interested in the field of fashion designing can pursue a diploma in fashion designing course after 10th class. A lot of students do Diploma in Fashion Designing course even after 12th.
This course provides you with in-depth knowledge of fashion designing. Candidates will get theoretical as well as practical knowledge in the field of fashion designing.
There are a lot of colleges in India that offer diploma in fashion designing courses in both offline as well as a distance learning modes. However, the admission process varies from college to college.
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Course: Overview
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Course Details
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Eligibility
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Duration
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Admission
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Subjects
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Syllabus
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Fees
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Jobs
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Colleges
- Career Options after Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Diploma in Fashion Designing Course: Overview
|Course Name||Diploma in Fashion Designing|
|Admission Process||Direct/Merit/Entrance Exam|
|Average Fees||₹10.000 to ₹1,00,000|
|Average Salary||₹2,50,000 to ₹6,00,000|
Diploma in Fashion Designing Course Details
A diploma in fashion designing is a diploma-level course that deals with the study of general fashion theory, fashion illustration, fashion accessories, measurement & patterns, saree designing, quality assurance, and many more. It is one of the best courses after the 10th for those candidates who have an interest in fashion designing and want to make their career in the fashion designing field.
Although a diploma in fashion designing is not an advanced level course. It is a course which covers all the basic aspects of fashion designing. To study fashion designing in advance, candidates have to do higher studies in fashion designing such as bachelor level course in fashion designing after the completion of diploma in fashion designing.
Fashion designing is an art of creativeness and imagination. Candidates learn how to make and customize different types of clothes like sarees, dresses, traditional dresses, etc with the help of tools and accessories. Candidates also study different types of fabrics that are used in making clothes.
Candidates get a lot of jobs opportunities after the completion of a diploma in fashion designing course. Many companies like Manish Malhotra Design Studio, Future Enterprises, and Genesis Luxury Fashion provide jobs to diploma holders in fashion designing.
Diploma in Fashion Designing Eligibility
Candidates who want to take admission in diploma in fashion designing course must full fill these below eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for a diploma in fashion designing course are as follow:
- Candidates must have passed in 10th class from a recognized board of education.
- 12th passed candidates are also eligible for this course.
- Candidates should get at least 40% marks in their respective examinations.
- Candidates have been at least 15 years old at the time of admission.
- Some colleges only allowed 12th pass out students for admission.
Diploma in Fashion Designing Duration
The duration of the diploma in fashion designing course after 10th is 1 year. However, In some colleges, the duration of the Diploma in Fashion Designing course is 2 years.
Average Duration:- 1-2 Years
Diploma in Fashion Designing Admission
The admission process for a diploma course in fashion designing is depended on college to college. The majority of the colleges take direct admission without taking any entrance examination or interview, but there are some colleges that take their own entrance examination for admission and even some take personal interviews before admission. I will explain the admission procedure in simple shot steps.
Note:- Explain both online as well as the offline way in the same steps.
- Step 1 – Apply the application form by visiting the official website or campus of the college.
- Step 2 – Completely fill out the application form by giving your details.
- Step 3 – Submit the application form on the website or campus of the college.
- Step 4 – Upload your document to the website or submit the document to the college campus.
- Mark Sheet
- School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Your Signature on White Paper
- Step 5 – Pay application form fees payment (Application form fees vary from college to college).
Diploma in Fashion Designing Subjects
- Introduction to Textiles
- Fashion Design Concepts and Methodology
- Garment Construction
- Techniques of Surface Ornamentation
- Fashion Designing and Illustration Practical
- Garment Construction Practical
Note:- Subjects and Syllabus May Change from College to College.
Diploma in Fashion Designing Syllabus
I. Introduction to Fashion Design
- Basics of Fashion Design
- Introduction to the Fashion Design Industry
- Types of Fashion Design
- Terminology and Fashion Cycle
II. History of Fashion Design
- Latest Trends in Fashion Design
- 19th Century Fashion and Influences
- 20th Century Fashion and Influences
- 21st Century Fashion Vogue
III. Principles of Fashion Design
- Fashion Market Research
- Understanding Different Styles of Fashion Design
- Basic Element of Fashion Design
- Module Facts and Activities
IV. Design Development and Sketching
- Fashion Design Illustrations
- Mood Boards and Design Development
- The Design Process
- Creating Mood Board
V. Textile Fibres
- Basic Technique and Process of Fabric Construction
- Understanding Textile Fibres, Yarns & Fabrics
- Fibre Groups and Their Properties
VI. Fabric Sourcing, Pattern Making, Measurement and Sizing
- Fabric and Trim Storyboards
- Different Styles of Pattern Making
- Sizing, Measurements and Grading
- Sourcing Material and Contractors
VII. Creating a Clothing Brand
- Marketing Plan
- Developing a Business Plan
- Financing a Clothing Brand
VIII. Pattern Completion and Garment Construction
- Fitting the Toile, Altering, Cutting and Layering the Pattern
- Basics of Garment Construction
- Draping Mannequin
- Different Draping Mannequin
IX. Garment Structure and Pre Production
- Preparing to Produce Your Line
- Garment Support and Structure
- Creating a Garment Tech Park
Diploma in Fashion Designing Fees
The fees for a diploma in fashion designing courses vary from college to college. Every college has its own fees structure. Although, I would say that government colleges have lesser fees as compared to private colleges. I give you an idea of diploma in fashion designing fees.
- Government Colleges Fees:- ₹5,000 to ₹20,000
- Private Colleges Fees:- ₹10,000 to ₹2,00,000
Diploma in Fashion Designing Jobs
Candidates get good jobs scope after the completion of diploma in fashion designing course. Candidates can work as a designer in fashion designing agencies, factories, warehouses, stores, boutiques, etc. Candidates can start their own fashion designing startup. Candidates get a decent salary at the beginner stage. As you get more experience, the salary will increase.
Diploma in Fashion Designing Job Areas
- Textile Mills
- Leather Companies
- Textile and Fabric Manufacturing Units
- Garment Store Chains
- Fashion Designer Houses
- Export Houses
- Fashion Boutiques
- Designer House
Diploma in Fashion Designer Job Profiles
- Fashion Stylist
- Textile Designer
- Pattern Maker
- Fashion Designer
- Designer Assistant
- Quality Controller
Diploma in Fashion Designing Salary
Candidates get an average salary of ₹2,00,000 to ₹6,00,000 per annum after the completion of a diploma course in fashion designing.
Average Salary:- ₹2,00,000 – ₹6,00,000
Diploma in Fashion Designing Colleges
|Christ College||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Amity University||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|International Institutes of Fashion Design||Chandigarh, Punjab|
|Madras Institute of Fashion Technology||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Hamstech Institute of Creative Education||Hyderabad, Telangana|
|Pearl Academy||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Apeejay Institute of Design||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Vidhya Institutes of Fashion Design||Meerut, Utter Pradesh|
|NIMS University||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Suryadatta Institute of Fashion Technology||Pune, Maharashtra|
Career Options after Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Candidates can go for higher studies.
- Candidates can do other diploma programs.
- Candidates can do bachelor’s in fashion designing course.
- Candidates can start their own business in the fashion designing field.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What to study after a diploma in fashion designing?
After a diploma in fashion designing, you can go for higher studies in the field of fashion designing.
What is the duration of the diploma in fashion designing course?
The duration of a diploma in fashion designing course after 10th is 1 year. Some colleges provide 2 years diploma in fashion designing.
What is the fees for a diploma in fashion designing course?
The average fee of a diploma in fashion designing course is 10,000 to 1,00,000 in INR.