Are you looking for the details of the diploma in radiology and imaging technology course? If yes, then this article is for you. In this article, I will discuss the complete details of the Diploma in Radiology and Imaging Technology course.
Diploma in Radiology and Imaging Technology is a full-time medical technician course that deals with the study of scanning of body parts and developing inner body images with the help of technology equipment. The duration of the course is 2 years.
In this course, you will learn the medical imaging techniques, uses of radiographic equipment on body parts, studies of normal anatomy & physiology, doing basic diagnoses, and many more.
You will get both theoretical as well as practical knowledge about radiology and imaging technology. You will get to know the various aspects of radiology and imaging technology.
Students having an interest in the medical field can pursue a diploma in radiology and imaging technology courses after 12th standard. You can do this course at any private or government college. In India, there are many medical colleges that offer diploma in radiology and imaging technology course to students.
Diploma in Radiology and Imaging Technology Course: Overview
|Course Name||Diploma in Radiology & Imaging Technology|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Admission||Merit/Entrance Exam Based|
|Course Fees||₹50,000 – ₹1,00,000|
Diploma in Radiology and Imaging Technology Eligibility
Students must full fill these eligibility criteria in order to get admission in a diploma in radiology and imaging technology course from any college.
- Students must have passed in 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized board of education.
- Students should get at least 45% marks in their respective examination.
- Students should passed from science stream with physics and chemistry as subjects.
Diploma in Radiology and Imaging Technology Admission
The admission process for a diploma in radiology and imaging technology course varies from college to college. Some colleges take direct admission whereas the majority of the colleges take admission on the basis of merit list or entrance exam results. The process of admission is through the application form. Students have to apply for the application form by visiting the official site of the college or the campus of the college.
- Step 1 – Visit the official site of the college.
- Step 2 – Search the application form and open it on your tab.
- Step 3 – Fill up the complete form by providing your basic details.
- Step 4 – Upload your documents that written in the instruction box.
- Step 5 – Upload your passport size photographs and signature on white paper.
- Step 6 – Pay the application form payment through dogital payment.
Note:- Application fees may vary from college to college.
Diploma in Radiology and Imaging Technology Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus
- Introduction of Bones of the Human Body
- Surface Markings of the Body
- Respiratory Organs
- Circulatory Organs
- Digestive Organs
- Joint and Functions
- Definition of Cell
- Structure and Functions the Cytoplasmic Organelles
- The Important Physic-Chemical Laws Applied to Physiology
- Fundamentals of Different Organ Systems
- Introduction of Pathology
- Immunity & Hypersensitivity
- Human Blood Group Antigens and Antibodies
- ABO Blood Group Systems
- Rh Blood Group System
- Erythroblastosis Faetalis
- Growth Disorders and Heoplasia
Generation and Properties of X-Ray
- Properties and Production of X-Ray
- Electric System in X-Ray
- Basic X-Ray Circuits Transformers Law
- Types Used in X-Ray Machine
- X-Ray Tubes
- Serial Radiography
- Iteration of X-Ray and Scatter Radiation
- Care and Maintenance of X-Ray Equipment
Radiation Hazards & Protection
- Introduction to Various Hazards
- Principle and Method of Protection
- Radiation Risk
- Biological Effects of Radiation
- Transport of Radiation Materials
- Radiation Emergencies
- Patents and Role of General Radiographer
- Regional Radiography
- Upper Limb and Lower Limb
- Hip and Pelvis
- Viertebral Column
- Chest and Adomen
- Skeletal Survey
2nd Year Syllabus
- Reproductive Organs
- Liver and Spleen Pancreas: Gall Bladder
- Excretory Organs
- Introduction of Physiology
- Formation of Different Type of Blood Cells
- Mechanism of Blood Clotting
- Cerebrospinal Fluid
- Specials Senses
- Special Procedure and Related Contrast Media
- Excretory System
- Oral Cholecystography
- Hystero Salpingography
- Soft Tissue Radiography
- Forensic Radiography
Mammography and Ultrasound Imaging
- Principle of Ultra Sound
- Types of Ultra Sound
- Role of Ultrasound in the Delivery Suite
- Basic Principle of CT Scan
- Equipment’s Description
- Conventional CT
- Computer Tomography
- Scanning Principle
- Image Reconstruction
- Sprial CT
- Basic Principle
- Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Rapin Scan Techniques
- Bioeffects and Safety
Diploma in Radiology and Image Technology Syllabus Pdf
Download – PDF Syllabus
Diploma in Radiology and Imaging Technology Fees
The DRIT course fees vary from college to college. However, government colleges have lesser fees as compared to private colleges.
Average Fees:- ₹50,000 – ₹1,00,000
Diploma in Radiology and Imaging Technology Job Scope
|Employment Areas||Job Types|
|Clinical Lab||X-Ray Technician|
|Medical & Research Labs||Medical Advisor|
Diploma in Radiology and Imaging Technology Salary
Average Salary:- ₹2,50,000 to ₹6,00,000 per annum.
Career Options after DRIT Course
- You can do paramedical courses.
- You can do other diploma program.
- You can go for bachelor degree programs like bsc medical imaging technology.
- You can go for higher studies in the medical field.
- You can start your own clinical lab.
- You can take job in any lab or hospital.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I get admission to the radiology diploma?
You have to apply for the admission form of the college in order to get admission.
What is the duration of the diploma in radiology and imaging technology course?
The duration of the course is 2 years.
What can I do after diploma in radiology?
You can go for higher studies or join any job in the medical field.
What is the eligibility for radiology?
The minimum eligibility criteria for radiology is class 12th.
What is radiology technician’s salary?
The average salary of a radiology technician is ₹2,50,000 to ₹6,00,000 per annum.
How much does it cost to study radiology?
The cost varies from college to college. On average, the cost to study radiology with a diploma is ₹50,000 – ₹1,00,000.