Medical is one of the popular fields or streams in the world. A lot of students are interested in the medical field and want to pursue their future studies in the medical field. There are a lot of courses are available in the medical field. From that Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is one of the popular courses among many students. There are different levels of a program in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLS) are offered by many educational institutes or colleges. There are mainly three types of courses in MLT that are popular among students.
- BMLT (Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology)
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology
- DMLT (Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology)
Are you searching for DMLT course details then don’t worry. In this article, I will discuss the full details of the DMLT in briefs such as the DMLT admission process, DMLT’s full form, DMLT course fees, DMLT jobs, DMLT syllabus, DMLT college, and many more.
In India, lakhs of students take medical stream every year. From that thousand of students take admission in DMLT courses every year. DMLT is one of those courses that come under the medical field because DMLT is the study of using a different medical instrument that is used in medical treatment or medical testing.
Let move toward DMLT course details.
- DMLT (Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
DMLT (Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology)
DMLT Course Full Form
DMLT stand’s for Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
What is DMLT Course?
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is a two years diploma program in the paramedical field. DLMT is a study of chemicals and how to use biological instruments in the laboratory. It provides training about the use of several medical testing equipments to students for learning so that it can help in their future. The medical instrument plays a very important role in any operation or surgery and it can also be helpful in checking any evidence in a forensic laboratory.
In the DMLT course, you will get in-depth knowledge about Microbiology, Immunology, Pathology, Blood Banking, Bio-Chemistry, etc. You will get to know about the testing procedure of different body organs or I say full body checkups such as blood testing, heart rate testing, the sugar level in blood testing, urine testing, oxygen level, blood pressure, diagnostic testing, cholesterol level, and many more.
In India lot of medical institutes and colleges provide this Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology course to students. After completing 12th standard lot of students who are interested in the medical field are prefer to do the DMLT course. The advantage of this course is that it is a short-term course. You can get a diploma certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology in just 2 years and become a laboratory technologist. The popularity of the DMLT course is increasing day by day among students.
DMLT Course Eligibility Criteria
Below are the eligibility criteria for students to get admission in Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) course.
- Candidate must have passed in 10+2 board exam.
- The candidate should have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects in 10+2.
- The candidate should get at least a 50% mark in 12th standard.
- Some colleges like Madras Christian College offer this DMLT course after 10th standard.
- Candidate must have passed in 10th standard.
DMLT Course Duration
The duration of the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is two years.
Duration:- 2 Years
DMLT Admission Process
There are mainly two methods to apply for admission in DMLT colleges one is an offline method and another is an online method. Some colleges have their entrance examination so if you want to take admission to those colleges then you have to qualify for their entrance exam. Let discuss this in short steps.
- First, register your account by filling the registration form on the college’s official website.
- Go to the college’s official website and search the online application form for the DMLT course.
- Fill the application form by submitting all the details.
- After that, you will be asked for uploading a certain document.
- Your 10th Marksheet
- Your 12th Marksheet
- Your School Leaving Certificate
- Your Aadhar Card
- Your Passport Size Photo
- Your Signature on White Paper
- Admit Card (If given entrance exam)
- Entrance Exam Result (If given entrance exam)
- After uploading documents the next step is to pay the payment for admission fees.
- After payment, you get a payment receipt.
- The last step is to visit the college and submit your document physically and get your roll number.
- Congratulation you have successfully done all steps and you are now free to start your classes at your college.
- In the offline method, you have done all the same above procedure in an offline way by visiting the college.
- If you have given entrance then you should attend the counseling round. From that, you get your allotment letter. After getting the allotment letter you visit your allotted college and take admission.
DMLT Course Syllabus
The syllabus is divided into two-part (Year).
DMLT First Year Syllabus
|Anatomy & Physiology||• Introduction of Human Body|
• Skeletal System
• Genito Urinary System
• Respiratory System
• Gastro-Intestinal System
• Movement of the Body
• Nerves System
• Cardiovascular Systems
• Digestive System
• Excretory System
• Endocrine Gland
• Reproductive System
• Blood, Skin
• Special Senses
|Microbiology & Parasitology||• Morphology of Bacteria|
• Staining of Bacteria
• Gram-Negative Cocci
• Gram-Positive Cocci
• Gram Bacilli
• Gram-Positive Bacilli
• Bacterial Metabolism
• Morphology of Fungi
• Bacteriological Examination
• Cultivation of Micro-organism
• Symptoms Clinical Diagnosis
• Laboratory Diagnosis
|Haematology & Blood Banking||• Introduction of Haematology|
• Collection of Blood
• Red Cell Count
• White Cell Count
• Differential Leucocyte Count
• Packed Cell Volume
• Estimation of Haemoglobin
• Morphology of Normal Abnormal Red Cella
• Coagulation Tests
• Total Platelet Count with Directs & Indirect Method
• Urine Analysis
• Stool Examination
• Seman Analysis
• Anaemia and Leukemia
• Blood Collection
• Blood Transfusion and Its Reactions
• ABO & Rh Blood Group System
• Coombs Test
• Cross Machine
• Administration of Blood Bank
|Basic Technology & Ethics||• Microscope|
• First Aid and Safety Measures
• Cod of Professional Conducts
• Collection Preservation and Storage of Different Body Fluids
• Quality Control
• WHO and PHC
• Examination Method of Cell & Tissue
• Tissue Processing
• Fixation of Tissue
• Section Cutting
• Autopsy Techniques
|Bio-chemistry||• Introduction of Biochemistry|
• Definition, Classification and Importance Metabolism in Brief Following
• Analysis and Collection of Gastric Juice
• Enzymes and Co-enzymes
• Serum Amylase
• Serum Electrolytes
• Glucose Tolerance Test
• Liver Function Test
• D.N.A R.N.A Their Importance
• Urine Analysis
DMLT Second Year Syllabus
|Biochemistry Clinical Pathology||• Protein and Lipids Vitamin|
• Digestion of Proteins
• Chemistry and Biological Role of Vitamins
• Mineral Metabolism
|Histopathology Cytology||• Introduction to Histo Pathological Techniques|
• Reception of Specimens
• Fixation Formalin Fixatation
• Tissue Processing and Embedding
• Section Cutting
• Mounting and Staining
• Theory of H & S staining
• Theory of Frozen Section Prep ration
• Principal of Exfoliate Cytology
• Fixation of Smears
• PAS PAP Staining Principal and Uses
|Microbiology, Virology Mycology & Advance Serology||• Morphology|
• Principles of Antimicrobial Therapy & Biotic Susceptibility Tests
• Preservation of Micro-Organisms
• Organization of a Microbiology Laboratory
|Coagulation & Transfussion Medicine||• Principles of Blood Coagulation and Hemostasis|
• Disorder of Coagulation and Hemostasis
• Laboratory Diagnosis of Bleeding Disorders
• Quality Control in Coagulation Laboratory
|Immunology Haematology & Transfusion Medicine||• Principles of Blood Groups and Antigen-Antibody Reaction|
• Genetics in Blood Banking
• ABOH Blood Group System
• Rhesus Blood Group System
• Transfusion of Antibodies
• Coonsbs Tests
• Identification of Antibodies
• Blood Components and Use
The benefit of pursuing the DMLT Course
- Provide lots of job opportunities in the medical field.
- Learn many things in the medical field.
- DMLT is a short-term course and you learn a lot of things in a short period of time.
- You can work in the government sector or private sector.
- There are a number of job profiles you could prefer to choose for a job.
- You can work in a hospital or any medical center.
- You can get a good amount of salary.
- You can pursue higher study in the medical field after doing a DMLT course.
DMLT Colleges in India
|Government Medical College||Amritsar, Punjab|
|Jawhar Lal Nehru Medical College||Ajmer, Rajasthan|
|Sharda University||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|NIMS University||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Maharastra University of Health Science||Maharastra|
|Maharajah Institute of Medical Sciences||Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh|
|Government T.D. Medical College||Alappuzha, Kerela|
|St. John’s Medical College||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Smt. Municipal Medical College||Ahmedabad, Gujarat|
|Jaipur National University||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|PES Institute of Medical Science and Research||Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh|
|NRI Medical College||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh|
|Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research||Kolkata, West Bengal|
DMLT Course Fees
DMLT fees depend on colleges to colleges. Generally, private colleges are charged higher charges as compared to government colleges for DMLT courses. I provide you with ideas of fees charge for government institutions as well as private institutions.
Government Institutes:- ₹5,000 to ₹1,00,000 per annum
Private Institutes:- ₹10,000 to ₹2,00,000 per annum
DMLT Course Scope and Job
As the popularity of health care among people is increasing day by day and people give health on their first priority list. As a result, it creates a lot of job opportunities in the medical field. One more reason is that every day people are developing or inventing new technology. Technology plays a very important role in medical science. In the DMLT course, you learn a lot of things about medical technology. So, technology also creates a lot of new job opportunities.
DMLT Job Areas
- Forensic Laboratory
- Medical Colleges
- Paramedical Colleges
- Diagnosis Centers
- Medical Agencies
- Research Centers
- Health Care Company
- Government Hospitals
- Private Hospitals
- Clinical Laboratory
DMLT Job Profiles
- Medical Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Doctor Assistant
- Lab Assistant
- Technical Lab Analyst
- Laboratory System Analyst
- Clinical Operator
- Pathology Technician
Average Salary:- ₹2,00,000 to ₹5,00,000
DMLT vs BMLT
|DMLT stand’s for Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology||BMLT stand’s for Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology|
|DMLT is a two years duration course||BMLT is a three years duration course|
|DMLT is a diploma level program||BMLT is a graduate-level program|
|You can do a BMLT course after doing the DMLT course||You can do an MMLT course after doing the BMLT course|
|DMLT is a basic level course||BMLT is an advanced level course|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the full form of DMLT?
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
What is DMLT salary?
Average salary is ₹2,00,000 to ₹5,00,000.
What is the qualification required for DMLT?
The minimum qualification is 10+2.
Can I do DMLT after 10th?
Some colleges offer a DMLT course after 10th class.
Can I open lab after DMLT?
No, you cannot open a lab after the DMLT course.
Can I do BSc after DMLT?
Yes, you can do a BSc after the DMLT course.
Is DMLT equal to a degree?
No, DMLT is a diploma-level program.
Can I do DMLT course after 12th arts?
Yes, you can do the DMLT course after 12th arts. Some colleges offer DLMT courses for art students also.
Above you get full details about the DMLT course. I hope you get your answer from this blog. If you have any query then do comment down below. I will try to respond as soon as possible.