As the world is developing and people are educated day by day. Several courses play an important role in our developing education sector and creating new job opportunities. So, Polytechnic is one of the courses that create many job opportunities in the country.
Polytechnic enables students to study in their interested field after passing class 10th and class 12th. Polytechnic also named as a diploma in engineering provides lots of technical and vocational courses to students. It is one of the best courses after 10th in the technical field. A lot of governments, as well as private institutes, provide polytechnic or diploma in engineering courses.
If you want to do a polytechnic course and search for polytechnic courses list then don’t worry you are at the right place. Today in this article I will discuss the list of polytechnic courses and their details such as Eligibility, Duration, Admission Process, Fees, Career options, and many more. So, without further delay let’s move towards.
Polytechnic Courses Details
In India polytechnic is mainly referred to as a technical program that focuses on technicality learning of any field. Lakhs of students enrol every year in polytechnic courses. It is one of the best courses for those students who have an interest in the engineering field and want to come into the profession of engineering. Polytechnic pass-out candidates are also known as junior engineers.
Polytechnic is one of the courses after 10th that open the door to a lot of job opportunities for students. Almost in every district in India, you can find government or private polytechnic colleges.
You can also do a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) or Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) after completing a polytechnic course. There is an entrance test which you have to qualify for taking admission in B.Tech from a government institute. The name of the entrance exam is a lateral entry entrance test (LEET) which is also known as the diploma to degree (D2D) test.
After completing a polytechnic course you get a diploma certificate in your specific course.
Let’s move on to the list of polytechnic or diploma in engineering courses.
Polytechnic Courses List after 10th and 12th
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in Art and Craft
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Aerospace Engineering
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Ceramic Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Dairy Technology and Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering
- Diploma in Fashion Engineering
- Diploma in Food Processing and Technology
- Diploma in Genetic Engineering
- Diploma in Infrastructure Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Diploma in IT Engineering
- Diploma in Interior Decoration
- Diploma in Motorsport Engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgy Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Power Engineering
- Diploma in Production Engineering
- Diploma in Plastics Engineering
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
Polytechnic Courses Eligibility
To get admission to the polytechnic college you have to fulfil the eligibility of criteria of the college. Every state government has made its own eligibility criteria for its government polytechnic colleges. However private polytechnic colleges have also their eligibility criteria for admission. Below I provide the general eligibility criteria for getting admission to polytechnic colleges.
- Candidates must have passed in 10th board examination.
- Candidates who have passed class 12th are also eligible for admission.
- Candidates must have passed in subjects of science and mathematics in their board examination.
- The candidate should be passed by a recognized board of education.
- ITI students are eligible for admission to Polytechnic.
- The Candidate who is passed an exam that is equivalent to 10th is also eligible.
Polytechnic Courses Duration
The duration of the above polytechnic courses is generally 3 years. However, it could be 2 years if you are given a lateral entry test after 12th class and successfully qualify for it. You are not eligible to give the lateral entry test if you are from class 10th. After 10th you only give the polytechnic entrance test which varies from state to state and the duration of polytechnic courses for you is 3 years.
Polytechnic Courses Fees
Government Polytechnic Colleges are not having high fees. They charged around ₹2,000 to ₹5,000 per annum however on the other side private polytechnic has comparatively higher fees. On average private polytechnic colleges are charged for a course around ₹10,000 to ₹50,000 per annum.
- Government Polytechnic Institute (Average):- ₹2,000 – ₹5,000 annually
- Private Polytechnic Institute (Average):- ₹10,000 – ₹50,000 annually
Polytechnic Courses Admission Process
The admission process for getting admission to polytechnic colleges varies from state to state. Government colleges have an admission process that is different from private colleges. Let me explain in brief.
For getting admission to government colleges firstly you have to fill out the polytechnic form. There are two types of forms one is a general form which is for class 10th pass-out students other is a lateral entry form which is for class 12th pass-out students. We have already discussed the difference in the above article.
Secondly, after some time the authorities will release the admit card for the exam. After getting admit card you attend the examination on a specific date that is given on the admit card.
Thirdly, after a period of a month from the exam, the results were out. You check your result from the state board website.
Lastly, after a couple of days, the counselling process is held by the respected authority. You have to attend the counselling process. From there you get your branch and college which are given according to your rank. The authorities allot one seat in your name in a specific college which you got in the counselling process. After that, you get an allotment letter from the authorities that it’s. You go to the college and take admitted by giving your allotment letter along with some documents which are written on your allotment letter to college authorities.
Now come on to the private institute admission process. Generally, the majority of the private institute take admission on the basis of the merit list.
List of Some Polytechnic Entrance Exam
- Polytechnic Common Entrance Exam (Andhra Pradesh)
- Polytechnic Admission Test (Arunachal Pradesh)
- Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination (Bihar)
- Pre-Polytechnic Test (Chhattisgarh)
- Common Entrance Test (Delhi)
- Goa Polytechnic Admission (Goa)
- Gujarat Polytechnic (Gujarat)
- Diploma Entrance Test (Haryana)
- Jammu & Kashmir Polytechnic Entrance Test (Jammu and Kashmir)
- Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (Jharkhand)
- Kerala Polytechnic (Kerala)
- Diploma Common Entrance Test (Karnataka)
- Pre-Polytechnic Test (Madhya Pradesh)
- Maharashtra Polytechnic (Maharashtra)
- Polytechnic Common Entrance Exam (Telangana)
- Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh (Uttar Pradesh)
- Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic (West Bengal)
Career Options after Polytechnic
- You can do a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) via the Lateral Entry Entrance Test (Diploma to Degree)
- You can do other vocational courses,
- You can do your own business after completing your diploma.
- There are a lot of job opportunities are present in both government and private sectors.
Some of the lists of government and private sector companies hire diploma holders.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL)
- Indian Army
- Indian Petro Chemicals Limited (IPCL)
- Indian Railways
- Irrigation Departments
- Infrastructure Development Agencies
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Public Work Departments
Above you get the list of best polytechnic courses in India. I hope you get your answer from this article. If you have any doubts or queries then do comment down below. I will try to respond as soon as possible.