DVET stand’s for Department of Vocational and Training. It is a government organization in Maharashtra backed by the government of Maharashtra. It works is to provide ITI admission of students in government or private ITI institutes. Students get admission to ITI institutes on the basis of the DVET merit list for ITI admission.
DVET Admission:- DVET release an application form every year for students who want to take admission in ITI course in the Maharashtra state. Students fill up the admission form for the ITI course (I will explain the full procedure of form fill up below in this article).
ITI stands for Industrial Training Institutes. It is one of the popular vocational courses in India. A lot of students take admission in ITI courses every year. Students get a lot of job opportunities after passing the ITI course. The admission process for ITI courses varies from state to state.
In Maharashtra, DVET (Department of Vocational and Training) release a merit list for admission in ITI courses in government or private ITI institutes that come under Maharashtra state.
DVET Maharashtra ITI Admission 2021: Overview
|Form Name||Maharashtra ITI|
|Course Name||ITI (Industrial Training Institutes)|
|DVET Full Form||Department of Vocational and Training|
Maharashtra ITI Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Students must full fill these eligibility criteria for getting admission in ITI courses in the ITI institutes of Maharashtra state. Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must have a 10th passed from a recognized board of education.
- 12th passed students can also apply for this course.
- Candidates must have a domicile certificate of Maharashtra.
- Candidates should be at least 14 years of age at the time of registration.
- Candidates should have a category certificate if they want to take benefit of reservation.
DVET Admission Process for ITI Courses: Application Form
The process of filling the application form for ITI courses in Maharashtra is done online. Those students who want to take admission in ITI courses in the Maharashtra state can fill the application form which you can get on the official site of DVET (Department of Vocational and Training). Although the exact date for the application form is not released yet, generally the application form is released in the months of either October or November. I will explain the process in simple short steps.
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of DVET.
- Step 2 – Register your account by giving your mobile number or email.
- Step 3 – Search the application form to open it.
- Step 4 – Fill up the full application form by giving your details and submit it.
- Step 5 – After that upload, your document which is written in the instruction box like your mark sheet, aadhar card, passport size photos, etc. Also, upload your signature which must be taken on white paper.
- Step 6 – After uploading all the documents and signatures, the next step is to pay your application form fees through digital payment like UPI, Debit card, Credit card, Internet banking, etc.
- Step 7 – After successfully done all the above steps you get a receipt. Download the reciept in your system.
After a month from the closed date of the application form. The respected authorities of DVET will release the merit list of students on the official site of DVET. Students can download the merit list from the website. In the merit list, you can check your name.
If your name is shortlisted in the merit list then you have to attend the counselling round for getting admission to the ITI institute. From there you get an allotment letter. Now you take admission to your allotted institute. You must carry all the document which is written on the allotment letter when you go for admission.
Maharashtra ITI Application Fees
|Candidates from the Outer States of Maharashtra||₹300|
|Non Residential Indian (NRIs)||₹500|
Trade offered Under ITI Course
|Computer Hardware & Network Maintenance||COPA|
|Dress Making||Draftsman Civil Surveyor|
|Electrician (Power Dist)||Fitter|
|Mechanic Diesel Engine||Mechanic Machine Tools|
|Mechanic Motor Vehicle||Mechanic Fridge and AC|
|Machinist Grinder||Plastic Processing Operator|
|Photographer||Tools & Die Maker|
|Turner||Tools & Die Maker (Die and Molds)|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I submit the application form offline mode?
No, you have to submit the application form online mode.
Do I have to give any entrance exam for Maharashtra ITI admission?
No, Maharashtra ITI admission is done on the basis of a merit list.
Can I get admission to a private ITI college in Maharashtra without submitting an application form to the DVET site?
Yes, you can take admission to a private ITI college.