MG University stand for Mahatma Gandhi University which is located in Kottayam in the state of Kerala, India. It offer several diploma and degree courses to students. The level of courses are undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), and doctor level program in various stream.
In this article, I will discuss the admission procedure for different levels of courses, eligibility criteria, MG University admission dates, fees, courses name, application form, and many more.
Mahatma Gandhi (MG) University: Overview
|Full Name||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Location||Priyadarsini Hills, Kottayam, Kerala, India – 686560|
|Accredited By||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Approved By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Programs||UG, PG, and Doctorate|
|Levels||Diploma and Degree|
|Admission||Merit List and Entrance Test|
MG University Admission 2021-22
The admission to Mahatma Gandhi University is based on either a merit list or an entrance examination. The admission in a particular course depends on the course which you take, let me explain in a simple way, there are some courses which candidates can take admission on the basis of merit list whereas there are some courses which candidates can take admission on an entrance examination basis. So, its admission process depends on courses.
The MG university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate programs in the stream like science, arts, commerce, technology, agriculture, computer science, etc. There are some diploma courses which you can take admission after 10th, there is some undergraduate program which you can take admission after 12th, there is some postgraduate program which you can take admission after graduation, there is some PhDs program which you can take admission after the master.
The eligibility criteria depend on course to course. Below are some of the courses along with the basic eligibility criteria.
|UG Courses||Eligibility Criteria|
|BSc.||12th passed from science stream with minimum 50% marks.|
|BA||12th passed from any stream.|
|BCA||12th passed with a minimum of 50% marks.|
|B.Com||12th passed from commerce stream with minimum 50% marks.|
|BRS||12th from any stream.|
|BTTM||12th passed from any stream.|
|BSW||12th passed from any stream.|
|BBA||12th passed from any stream.|
|BHM||12th passed from any stream.|
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
General eligibility criteria for UG level courses.
- Candidates must have passed in 10+2 from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in their respective subjects.
- Candidates should be at least 15 years old.
- Candidates must have their documents.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
General Eligibility criteria for PG level courses.
- Candidates must have 3 years graduation certificate from a recognized university.
- Candidates should have a minimum 45%-50% marks in graduation.
- Candidates must be passed from same stream in graduation which candidates want in PG.
- Candidates must have their documents.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma Courses
- Candidates must have 10th passed from a recognized board of education.
- Some diploma courses required 12th passed.
- Candidates should have at least 50 marks.
- ITI completed students are also eligible for some diploma courses.
MG University Admission 2020-21: Application Form
Mainly the admission or selection process in courses at Mahatma Gandhi University is based on two methods, One is the entrance examination method and another is the merit list method. In some of the courses, an interview round is taken by MG University faculties before admission. Based on your performance in the interview, you get admission to MG University.
In both, the method of admission candidates has to fill the application form first. So, the process of filling the form is easy. You can get the application form and fill the form on the official website of Mahatma Gandhi University. Below I discuss the full process of admission to MG University in simple short steps.
Application Form for Entrance Examination
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of MG University (i.e. www.mgu.ac.in)
- Step 2 – Find the application form for admission (You can see a notification for an application form on the site when the application form released)
- Step 3 – Fill the full application form by giving your details such as your name, DOB, your previous institute name, choose your interested trade, and so on.
- Step 4 – After that submit your application form and move to the next web page.
- Step 5 – You will see an upload section in which you have to upload your documents (In the instruction box, you see which documents you have to upload) along with your passport size photo and signature.
- Step 6 – After uploading all the documents, submit them and go to the next page.
- Step 7 – Now, you have to pay the fees of the application form for the entrance examination. You can pay the form fees through digital payment like UPI, net banking, cards, etc.
- Step 8 – After doing the payment of your application fees, you get a receipt. Download that receipt in your system.
So, you did all the above steps and get your receipt. In your receipt, you see some instruction is written, read that instruction. All the important dates such as exam date, exam center, and result declaration date are written in the instruction section.
Visit your entrance examination center on the examination date and give the exam. After couple of weeks or days the authorities of Mahatma Gandhi University declared the entrance examination results.
So, if your results is good and eligible to take admission to MG University then you can take admission by visiting MG University along with document and results.
Application Form for Merit List
You have to do all the same steps which I wrote above. The difference is just in the merit list admission process you do not give any entrance examination. The merit list is based on the candidate’s performance or percentage in their previous examination.
Document Required at the Time of Admission
- Matric Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet for PG Level Course
- Admit Card
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
- Category Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
MG University Admission: Application Form Fees
MG University Admission 2021-22: Dates
|Application for PG||20/2/2021 – 20/3/2021|
|Entrance Exam for PG||25/4/2021 – 26/4/2021|
|Application for M.Ed||6/6/2021 – 15/6/2021|
|Admission for M.Ed||22/6/2021|
|CAT Registration||8/8/2021 – 30/9/2021|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to MG University?
You can apply to MG University through the admission application form which you get in the official website of Mahatma Gandhi University.
What is MG University CAP?
It is a admission process for various courses like UG, PG, etc.
What is the name of entrance exam that MG University take for admission?
Mahatma Gandhi University Common Admission Test (MGU-CAT)