Diploma in Animal Husbandry is an animal-based health care course with an average duration of 2 years to 3 years. It is one of the most popular veterinary courses among students. Students who are animal lovers usually like to pursue this course.
Are you one of them and searching for the details of the diploma in animal husbandry course? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this article, I will discuss the complete details of the diploma in animal husbandry course in the simplest way.
A diploma in animal husbandry is a veterinary course that deals with the study of various aspects of animal healthcare. The minimum eligibility criteria to get admission in this course is 10th passed but in today’s time, some veterinary colleges offer diploma in animal husbandry courses after 12th standard. So, the admission eligibility criteria is may vary from college to college.
A diploma in animal husbandry is also known as animal husbandry and dairying because you will also get to know about the technology of dairying from animals. You can pursue this course at any veterinary college in India. Most veterinary colleges from both the government and private sector offer diploma in animal husbandry courses.
The admission process in the majority of veterinary colleges in India is done via entrance examinations. However, there are some private veterinary institutes that offer direct admission in the diploma in animal husbandry course.
- What is Diploma in Animal Husbandry?
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Eligibility Criteria
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Course Duration
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Admission
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Entrance Test
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Distance Education
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Syllabus
- Scope of Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Salary
- What to do after Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- Animal Husbandry Colleges in India
Diploma in Animal Husbandry: Overview
|Diploma in Animal Husbandry
|2 years to 3 years
|₹5,000 – ₹50,000 (Government)
₹50,000 – ₹2,00,000 (Private)
|₹2,40,000 to ₹6,00,000 per annum
What is Diploma in Animal Husbandry?
A diploma in animal husbandry is 2 years or 3 years veterinary program that covers the study of animal care and breeding. In this course, students will be taught about animal physiology, animal management, animal breeding, grassland management, veterinary microbiology, pharmacology, livestock anatomy, animal nutrition, minor veterinary surgery, etc. Many things will be taught by doing practical training.
A diploma in animal husbandry is a basic level veterinary course. You can also go for a degree-level veterinary course after the completion of this course. A diploma in animal husbandry offers handsome job opportunities after completing the course.
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Eligibility Criteria
These are the eligibility criteria that students must full fill out before admission.
- Students must have passed in 10th standard or 12th standard based on institutes.
- Students should be passed by a recognized board of education.
- Students must have taken the science stream in 10+2.
- Students should get at least 50% marks in their respective examinations.
- Students ages should be between 15 to 27 years.
- 5% relaxation for reserved category students.
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Course Duration
The average duration of the course is 2 years to 3 years. Some institutes offer this course for 2 years whereas some other institutes offer this course for 3 years. The complete course is divided into semesters. The duration of each semester is 6 months. So, if your course duration is 3 years then there are 6 semesters and if your course duration is 2 years then there are only 4 semesters.
Duration:- 2 to 3 Years
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Admission
Generally, there are two methods through which colleges take admission. One is direct admission and another is entrance-based admission. The majority of the colleges take entrance-based admission. Some private institutes take direct admission. The process for both methods are as follow:
Direct Admission:- In this process, candidates just full fill out the application form and submit it to the institutes. Also, candidates have to pay the application form fee.
Entrance-Based Admission:- The full online process is given in short and simple steps.
- Steps 1 – Visit the official site of the institute or board.
- Step 2 – Find the form and open it in your browser.
- Step 3 – Fill out the complete form by submitting all your details.
- Step 4 – Upload the documents that are required.
- Step 5 – Upload your passport-size photographs and right thumb press on white paper.
- Step 6 – Pay the application form fee through digital payment.
After completing all the processes you get a receive of your form submission. After a couple of weeks, the admit cards are released by the authorities. Download your admit card. On the admit card, the examination date and centre are given. Visit the examination centre on the examination date along with your admit card and give the entrance exam. Then, after a couple of days, the results or ranks are declared by the authorities. You will be selected on the basis of your result or rank.
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Entrance Test
Some state education boards conduct entrance examinations for veterinary courses in India. If you want to get admission to government colleges then you have to qualify for the entrance examination which is conducted by your state education board. Some private colleges in India also conduct their own entrance examination. Some of the government entrance examination names are as follow:
- Madhya Pradesh Diploma in Animal Husbandry Entrance Test (MP DAHET)
- All India Common Entrance Examination (AICEE)
- Assam Agricultural University Veterinary Entrance Test (AAU VET)
- Rajasthan Pre-Veterinary Test (RPVT)
- Uttar Pradesh Veterinary Entrance Exam (UP VEE)
- All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT)
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Distance Education
You can do a diploma in animal husbandry in the distance learning mode. Some colleges or institutes in India offer distance education in diploma in animal husbandry courses. You can also do veterinary courses through IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) after graduation. IGNOU offers many PG veterinary courses after graduation.
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Syllabus
- Introductory Animal Physiology
- Introductory to Computer Application
- Introductory Livestock Anatomy
- Introductory Animal Management I
- Introductory Animal Breeding
- Introduction to Environment Science
- Introductory Animal Management II
- Elementary Statistics
- Introductory Animal Husbandry Extension I
- Introductory Folder Management and Grassland Management
- Preliminary Pathology
- Introductory Animal Nutrition I
- Introductory Veterinary Microbiology
- Introductory Animal Husbandry Extension II
- Introductory Veterinary Parasitology
- Introductory Pharmacology
- Introductory Animal Health Care I
- Introductory Animal Husbandry Economics and Marketing
- Introductory Animal Reproduction I
- Introductory Animal Nutrition II
- Introductory Veterinary Public Health
- Minor Veterinary Surgery
- Introductory Animal Health Care II
- Introductory Animal Management II
- Introductory Animal Reproduction II
- Farm Practice Training
- One Month Poultry
- One Month of Sheep
- Two Months of Cattle and Buffalo
- Seven Days of Educational Tour
- One Month and Three Weeks of Government Dispensary
- Report Writing
Scope of Diploma in Animal Husbandry
The future scope you get after completing the diploma in animal husbandry is good. The animal husbandry industry is growing day by day and a lot of animal-based companies are also establishing. As a result, a lot of job opportunities are created for veterinary aspirants. After the completion of the diploma in animal husbandry course, you can get work in any dairy products factory, dairy farm, veterinary hospital, animal clinic, poultry farm, cow farm, etc.
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Salary
The average salary that candidates get after the completion of the course is around 2 lakhs to 6 lakhs in INR. Although, the salary depends on various factors such as working skills, professional-grade, experience, activeness, etc.
Average Salary:- ₹2,40,000 – ₹6,00,000 per annum.
What to do after Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- You can go for higher studies in the veterinary field.
- You can do other diploma veterinary courses.
- You can do vocational level courses.
- You can do diploma-level courses.
- You can go for integrated veterinary courses.
- You can do a job in the veterinary field.
- You can start your own animal farm or business.
Animal Husbandry Colleges in India
|1. College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
|2. Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University
|3. RIMT University
|4. Career Point University
|5. National Dairy Research Institute
|6. YBN University
|7. Parul University
|8. Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
|9. Faculty of Animal Husbandry, Noble Group of Institution
|10. PV Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University
|11. National Backward Krushi Vidyapeeth
|12. SLBS Education Group
|13. Shekhawati Group of Institutions
|14. BIR Tikendrajit University
|15. Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishwavidyalaya
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any diploma in veterinary courses?
Yes, there are some veterinary courses are available.
How many years is a veterinary diploma course?
Generally, the duration of veterinary courses is 1 to 3 years.
Can I do BVSc after my diploma?
Yes, you can do a Bachelor of Veterinary Science course after the completion of a diploma in veterinary course.
What is the eligibility for veterinary courses?
The eligibility for veterinary courses is 12th but some institutes also offer veterinary diploma courses after 10th standard.
How do I become a vet after 10th?
Firstly you have to either complete 10+2 or any diploma in veterinary then after you can do any 3 to 4 years degree level veterinary course.
Is animal husbandry a course?
Yes, it is a diploma-level course.