Want to become a foundryman and for that search the course details of ITI foundryman? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this article, I will discuss the complete info about the foundryman trade in ITI. So stick to this article till the end.
ITI foundryman is a skill-based vocational course which is spread all over the nation through the network of ITIs. It is a short-term trade consists only 1 year of duration. During the study, you will know all the basic aspects of the ITI foundryman trade. Students mainly prefer this trade because they have an interest in this type of field or they just want to pursue this course for a job.
The minimum academic qualification that students need to enrol in this trade is 10th. However, students who completed higher studies also are eligible to do this course. This course provides job opportunities in factories and industries when you successfully complete this course. Let’s see the various details of foundryman ITI one by one.
Foundryman ITI Course: Overview
|Course||ITI (Industrial Training Institute)|
|Level of Course||Certificate|
|Course Duration||1 Year|
|Course Fees||₹2,000 – ₹20,000 (Government)|
₹5,000 – ₹50,000 (Private)
|Jobs Salary||₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month|
What is foundryman in ITI?
Foundryman is a trade in ITI in which students study sand testing, woodworking, safety precautions, hand tools, unit sand, pit furnace, moulding process, core, gating system, metalworking, induction furnace, such casting process, settling of casting, binders, iron ore, common cast iron, wrought iron, foundry mechanization, and many more terms which related to foundryman.
It is a 1-year duration course in which you understand how to prepare the sand, mould, and core by using different furnaces, the importance of personal protection & fire safety, operating as a semi-aptitude labourer in a foundry shop floor, different raw materials used in foundry industries, tools & equipment used in foundry, the importance of hardness test, advantage and disadvantage of the sand mould, etc.
ITI foundryman is a job-oriented course having job opportunities after successfully accomplishing this course. You can find a job vacancy similar to a foundryman on job portal websites. The salary you get in your job as a fresher may seem low to you, but as time passes, the salary also increases.
Foundryman ITI Course Eligibility
Candidates who are interested in taking admission to this course have to fulfil these eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must pass in 10th standard.
- Candidates should qualify 10th from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should get at least 40% marks in their examination.
- Candidates must be above 15 years of age.
Foundryman ITI Course Duration
The duration of the ITI foundryman course is 1 year.
|1. Professional Skill (Trade Practical)||1000|
|2. Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)||280|
|3. Workshop Calculation & Science||80|
|4. Engineering Drawing||80|
|5. Employability Skills||160|
ITI Foundryman Syllabus
- First aid method and basic training
- Safe disposal of waste materials
- Hazard identification and avoidance
- Safety signs for danger
- Preventive measures for electrical accidents
- Use of fire extinguishers
- Safe use of tools and equipments
- Various raw materials used in foundry
- Make green sand mixture
- Find out clay content of sand
- Universal testing machine
- Prepare facing and backing sand
- Prepare mould with vertical core
- Chair core and assemble in the mould
- Prepare dry sand mould with skeleton pattern
- Repair wooden patterns
- Metal working
- Drilling on various metals
- Fettle the casting
- Prepare simple CO2 mould
- Make a casting by C.I.
- Make casting with aluminium
- Prepare mould with ring gate
- Reline the pit furnace
- Reline of ladle
- Pre heat of ladle
- Prepare oil sand core by IVP
- Make mould by ram up core
- Calculation yield percentage
- Prepare simple casting with binder less dry sand process
- Importance of safety and general precautions
- Introduction of first aid
- Introduction of PPEs
- Response to emergencies
- Importance of housekeeping
- Introduction to 5S concepts
- Occupational safety & health
- Basic understanding on hot work
- History of foundry industries
- Importance of foundry industries
- Advantage of metal casting
- Different tools & equipments
- Specification tools & equipments
- Making of green sand mixture
- Special casting process
- Importance of hardness test
- Different types of gate cutting
- Difference between natural and synthetic moulding
- Types of mould
- Self-core making procedure
- Advantage and disadvantage of green sand mould
- Moulding process
- Core making machines
- Different types of coating on mould cores
- Gating system
- Brief description
- Prerequisites of gating system
- Types of grinders
- Induction furnace types
- Description of dry sand mould
- Slush casting process
- Fins & unwanted projection
- Classification of irons ores
- Different gating system
- Common cost iron-alloys
- Effect of alloying elements for ferrous metals
- Advantages of sprue gate & skim bob gates
- Heat treatment of casting
- Calculation of ferrostatic pressure
- Foundry mechanization
Foundryman ITI Course Fees
The course fees you have to pay when you do an ITI foundryman course are mainly depending on which type of ITI college you take admission. If you do a foundryman trade from a government ITI college, then your course fees are lesser than compared to a private ITI college. Average fees for both types of institutes are as follows:
- Governement ITI:- ₹2,000 – ₹20,000
- Private ITI:- ₹5,000 – ₹50,000
ITI Foundryman Salary
The average salary that a fresher would get after successfully qualify the ITI foundryman course is as follows:
Average Salary:- ₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the duration of ITI foundryman?
The duration of ITI foundryman course is 1 year.
Can I get job after ITI foundryman?
Yes, you can get employment opportunities after completing ITI foundryman course.
Girls can do ITI foundryman course?
Yes, of course, girls candidates can pursue the ITI foundryman course.