Do you have an interest in the field of health hygiene and want to make your career in this field by pursuing the ITI Health Sanitary Inspector course? If yes, and looking for the complete details of the Health Sanitary Inspector ITI course then I would like to tell you that you landed at the right place because, In this article, I will provide the complete info of the ITI Health Sanitary Inspector course.
ITI Health sanitary inspector is one of the popular and job-oriented courses. It is a short-term vocational course of a 1-year duration that comes under the Craftsman Training Scheme (CTS). Students having an interest in this field can do this course after 10th. The minimum educational qualification needs to take admission in this course is 10th pass.
The good thing about this course is that after completing the course, you can also get job opportunities. Health inspectors are required in every food factory and food warehouse. You can take admission to any ITI college that offers a Health Sanitary Inspector trade and complete this course.
- What is ITI Health Sanitary Inspector?
- Health Sanitary Inspector Eligibility
- Health Sanitary Inspector ITI Course Duration
- ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Course Syllabus
- ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Course Fees
- ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Admission Process
- ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Job
- Scope of Health Sanitary Inspector
- ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Salary
- ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Books
- Health Sanitary Inspector ITI Colleges
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Health Sanitary Inspector ITI Course: Overview
|Course||ITI (Industrial Training Institutes)|
|Trade Name||Health Sanitary Inspector|
|Level of Course||Certificate|
|Course Duration||1 Year|
|Course Fees||₹1,000 – ₹10,000 (Government)|
₹10,000 – ₹1,00,000 (Private)
|Jobs Salary||₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month|
What is ITI Health Sanitary Inspector?
Health Sanitary Inspector is a 1-year non-engineering course in which students are taught about the classification of food, a balanced diet, nutrition education malnutrition, therapeutic diet, food preservation, refrigeration, purification of water, and many more terms. In this course, you will get both practical as well as theoretical knowledge. This is a course in which you will gain more knowledge through practical training.
In this course, you will learn how to keep food storage hygienic and what are important steps to preserve food. You will also get to learn a lot about the food industry while doing this course.
By the end of the course, you will be well versed in all the health hygiene fundamentals and also you will be capable enough that you can easily get a job in the food sector.
ITI in Health Sanitary Inspector is a vocational training program of duration 1 year that is provided by the Directorate General of Training (DGT) which work under the Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship.
Health Sanitary Inspector Eligibility
Candidates must fulfil these eligibility criteria in order to take admission to ITI health sanitary inspector course. Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed in 10th or any equivalent exam from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should be above 15 years of age.
- In some states, it is a rule that if you want to take admission to government ITI colleges then you have to give an entrance exam. So if you belong to that state then you have to qualify for the entrance exam.
Health Sanitary Inspector ITI Course Duration
The duration of the ITI health sanitary inspector course is 1 year.
Course Duration:- 1 Year
|1. Professional Skill||1200|
|2. Professional Knowledge||240|
|3. Employability Skills||160|
Also Read:- ITI Dental Laboratory Technician Equipment Course
ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Course Syllabus
|S No.||Health Sanitary Inspector Course Subjects|
|1.||Professional Skill (Trade Practical)|
|2.||Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)|
- Identify the foul stuff
- Point out the requirement for nutrition
- Various deficiency diseases
- Survey of nutrition education & its importance
- Preparation of diet menu
- Types of malnutrition
- Display videos on malnutrition
- Common salt & sugar to increase the shelf life of many food items
- Process of pasteurization
- Increase shelf life by killing micro-organisms
- Various environmental factors
- Types of water with their properties
- Classify water resources
- Illustrate the importance of water earth
- Conservation of water in different areas
- Picture of rainwater harvesting
- Soft and hard water
- Disinfection process of the well
- Visit a water treatment plant
- Comparison of rapid and slow sand filters
- Prepare a chart for various diseases due to unsanitary disposal of nigh soil
- Visit to sulabh sourchalaya
- Identify resources of increasing solid waste
- Classify solid waste
- Collection methods of solid waste
- Disposal methods of solid waste
- Visit disposal site
- Point out sources of air pollution
- Measurement of noise level
- Sewage treatment plant
- Sampling for assessment of soil pollution
- Use of insecticides, pesticides and disinfectants
- Use of larvicides
- Oral hygiene dressing of wounds, bandages
- Training on artificial respiration
- Skin and hair hygiene
- Prepare to report of different acts
- Introduction of nutrition & nutrients
- Classification of food
- Balanced diet
- Family assessment
- Nutrition education malnutrition
- Therapeutic Diet
- Food Preservation
- Waterborne diseases
- Purification of water
- Pot method of chlorination
- Solid waste disposal
- Sanitary transportation of solid waste
- Air pollution
- Noise pollution
- Liquid waste disposal
- Sewage disposal
- Burial and cremation
- Soil sanitation
- Sanitation in fairs and festivals
- Occupational health
- Control of biological environment
- Behavioural science
- Communicable diseases
- Non-communicable diseases
- Immunity and immunisation
- Disinfection and sterilisation
- Personal hygiene
- Demography and health survey
- Public Health Act
ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Course Fees
The fees for the health sanitary inspector course mainly depend on which type of ITI college you will take admission to government ITI college or private ITI college. Government ITI college has lesser fees as compared to private ITI college. If we have to tell then on average the course fees for health sanitary inspector trade is
- Government College:- ₹1,000 – ₹10,000
- Private College:- ₹10,000 – ₹1,00,000
ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Admission Process
The admission process also depends on college type because in some states the admission to government ITI college is done via conducting an entrance exam and those who qualify the cut-off of the respective exam get admission to government ITI college whereas in some states the admission on ITI courses is done on the basis of merit list. As far as private colleges are concerned, the majority of them take direct admission without any merit list and entrance exam.
ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Job
Apart from higher studies after the completion of the ITI health sanitary inspector course, you can do a job in any medical department, hospital, municipal corporation, a private firm, etc. You can easily find a job from any job portal website. The requirement for health sanitary inspectors is increasing with time as the awareness of health and hygiene among people is increasing. You can also get a promotion if you can do a good job.
Scope of Health Sanitary Inspector
As I say the need and requirement for health inspectors are increasing, as a result, the future scope of health sanitary inspectors is simultaneously increasing. If told, the requirement of all medical-related professions will increase because with time people are more conscious about health and pollution. And in today’s world, the problem related to pollution and health is a major problem and because of that, there are plenty of companies emerging to make it all better. If all these things are seen well then it can be said that the future scope of Health Sanitary Inspector is bright.
ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Salary
The salary depends on various factors such as experience, work profile, behaviour, credibility, and skills. On average a fresher would get around INR 10,000 to INR 15,000 on monthly basis.
Average Salary:- ₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month
ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Books
|1. ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Theory (English)||By Priya Garg|
|2. ITI Health Sanitary Inspector (Hindi Edition)||By Priya Garg|
|3. NK ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Practical||By Generic|
|4. Health and Sanitary Inspector Complete Set (Hindi)||Abhishek Publication|
|5. Health Sanitary Inspector (Hindi Edition)||By Vinod Kumar Verma|
|6. Health Sanitary Inspector Theory||By Rajpal Singh|
Health Sanitary Inspector ITI Colleges
|1. Industrial Training Institute||Nizamabad|
|2. Sarvodaya Industrial Training Institute||Delhi|
|3. Adarsh Medical Industrial Training Centre||Bhiwani|
|4. Indira Gandhi National Industrial Training Institute||Hapur|
|5. Nalanda Industrial Training Centre||Andhra Pradesh|
|6. Government ITI||Kachchh|
|7. Shree Siddhivinayak Private ITI||Yamunanagar|
|8. Government ITI||Nanded|
|9. Ravi Industrial Training Institute||Nagpur|
|10. Sahara Private ITI||Sehore|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the salary of sanitary inspector in India?
As a fresher one can get from ₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month at the starting level.
What is the scope of health sanitary inspector?
The scope of health sanitary inspectors in future seems bright.
What is the work of health sanitary inspector?
A health sanitary inspector work to look for cleanliness and hygiene standards in public places and departments.