Are you interested in designing and decoration and want to make your career in this field? If yes, and looking for an ITI course in Interior Decoration and Designing then you are landed at the right place because, In this article, I will discuss the complete details of Interior decoration and designing ITI course.
It is one of the popular courses in ITI because it is a demanded course as many students have an interest in interior design. There are many merits of this course, but one drawback of this course is said to be very few ITI offer this trade. Being a skill-based certificate course, the duration of this course is 1 year. The minimum educational qualification that one needs to become eligible for this course is 10th pass-out.
You will find this course offered to you in some government ITIs as well as many private ITIs. The admission procedure varies from government ITI to private ITI colleges. Also, you see a large difference in fee structure from the government ITI to the private ITI. I recommend you, try to take admission government college.
So any further delay, let’s move toward the complete info of the Interior decoration and designing course.
- What is Interior Decoration and Designing course?
- Interior Decoration and Designing Course Eligibility
- Interior Decoration and Designing Course Duration
- ITI Interior Decoration and Designing Syllabus
- Interior Decoration and Designing ITI Course Fees
- ITI Interior Decoration and Designing Salary
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Interior Decoration and Designing ITI Course: Overview
|ITI (Industrial Training Institute)
|Interior Decoration and Designing
|Level of Course
|₹2,000 – ₹20,000 (Government)
₹5,000 – ₹1,00,000 (Private)
|₹12,000 to ₹20,000 per month
What is Interior Decoration and Designing course?
Interior decoration and designing is an ITI trade of duration 1 year in which students are taught about various aspects of design and decoration. In this course, you will study modern design features, elements of interior design, principles of design, furniture design, planning of interiors, wooden doors & windows, types of floor finishing, paints and polishing, plumbing planning of commercial interiors, and many more.
Interior designing is a popular skill in today’s era because infrastructure and real estate are growing rapidly. As a result, it’s also created a lot of employment opportunities in this sector. Apart from all the other reasons, this is also a very big reason why people want to do this type of course. In this course, you will learn a lot through practical knowledge.
Also Read:- ITI Fashion Designing Course
Interior Decoration and Designing Course Eligibility
Candidates who want to do this from an ITI college must fulfil these eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must have qualified in 10th standard from a minimum of 40% aggregate.
- Candidates should qualify from a school which is recognized by the authorized board of education.
- Candidates having qualified 12th are also eligible to do this course.
- Candidates must have above 14 years of age.
Interior Decoration and Designing Course Duration
The duration of the Interior decoration and designing ITI course is 1 year and the period of 1 year is divided into two semesters. Each semester consists of 6 months of duration.
Course Duration:- 1 Year
|1. Professional Skill (Trade Practical)
|2. Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)
|3. Workshop Calculation & Science
|4. Employability Skills
|5. Library &Extracurricular Activities
|6. Project Work
|7. Revision & Examination
ITI Interior Decoration and Designing Syllabus
1st Semester Syllabus
- Free-hand sketches of objects
- Importance of lettering
- Types of lines
- Introduce the scale MKS and FPS
- Practice on types of dimension
- Free-hand sketches of graphic symbols
- Functional designing of interiors
- Concept of design, pattern, colour
- The flow of the circulation chart
- Designing of space with furniture layout
- Design knowledge of interior in residential & commercial
- Rendering with pencil and pencil colour
- Furniture design and detail
- Drafting of residential plan
- Calculation of staircase
- Preparing drawing
- Model of door window
- Preparation of drawing
- Prepare the power point animated presentation
- Importance & necessity of interior designing
- Interior design as a profession
- Elements of interior design
- Definition of projection
- Types of projection
- Layout of plan
- Principle of design
- Furniture design
- Types of furniture
- Planning of interiors
- Types of staircase
- Model of staircase
- Wooden doors & windows
- Types of doors
- Types of windows
2nd Semester Syllabus
- 3D software training
- Preparing of drawing
- Specify the dimension & sizes
- Drafting simple joints used in furniture
- Generate PowerPoint presentation for paint, polish and varnish
- Layout the plumbing/drainage/sanitary
- Layout plan of air conditioning
- Office design project
- Freehand sketch for necessary details
- Rendered 3D view
- Preliminary drawing in 3D
- Types of ceiling
- Types of floor finishing
- Carpentry joints
- Joints used in furniture
- Model of carpentry joints
- Paints and polishing/varnishing
- Types of paints
- Painting techniques
- Introduction of polish and varnish
- Types of varnishes
- Partition wall
- Waste water disposal
- Varity of lamps
- Air conditioning
- Planning of commercial interiors
Interior Decoration and Designing ITI Course Fees
The course fees for Interior decoration and designing trade mainly depend on which type of college you take admission i.e. government ITI college or private ITI college. If you take admission to a government ITI college then your course fees would be lesser as compared to a private ITI college.
- Government College:- ₹2,000 – ₹20,000
- Private College:- ₹5,000 – ₹1,00,000
ITI Interior Decoration and Designing Salary
The salary would depend on multiple factors such as work profile, skills, experience, behaviour, etc. On average, a fresher who completed his/her ITI interior decoration and designing course could get around INR 12,000 TO INR 20,000 on monthly basis.
Average Salary:- ₹12,000 to ₹20,000 per month
Also Read:- ITI Dress Making Course
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is interior design decoration in ITI?
It is a popular designing trade in ITI having 1 year of duration.
Can girl candidates do ITI decoration and designing courses?
Yes, girls can easily pursue ITI design decoration courses. In fact, majorly girls do this course in ITI.
What is the salary I get after ITI design and decoration?
You would get around INR 12,000 TO INR 20,000 on monthly basis.