Want to make your career by becoming a machinist grinder? If yes, and looking at the complete details of the ITI machinist grinder trade then I would like to tell you that you have visited the right site because, in this article, you will check out the complete info on the machinist grinder ITI course.
ITI machinist grinder is one of the popular trades which is spread all over the nation through the network of Industrial Training Institutes. The machinist grinder trade is categorized under the Craftsman Training Scheme (CTS) and affiliated with the Directorate General of Training (DGT).
The duration of the ITI machinist grinder course is 2 years consisting of 4 semesters each of 6 months of duration. The minimum educational qualification that one needs to enrol in this trade is 10th. Candidates having higher degrees also pursue this course. This course also provides employment opportunities after successfully qualifying for the ITI machinist grinder course.
Machinist Grinder ITI Trade: Overview
|Course||ITI (Industrial Training Institute)|
|Trade Name||Machinist (Grinder)|
|Level of Course||Certificate|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Course Fees||₹5,000 – ₹20,000 (Government)|
₹5,000 – ₹50,000 (Private)
|Jobs Salary||₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month|
What is Machinist Grinder?
Machinist grinder is a 2 years vocational trade in ITI in which students study various aspects of machines and their use, methods of filing operation, knowledge of surface finish accuracy by filing, knowledge of controlling cutting speed, method of screw cutting, pneumatic gauges, method of grinding tapers, common types of grinding machines, applications of diamond wheel in grinding, and many more.
During the course, you will get practical training, and experience many things by doing work in the workshop like matching an internal and external thread cutting with taps and dies using coolants, performing dry and wet grinding of different classes of metals such as cast iron, brazed carbide tip and different classes of steel.
Machinist Grinder ITI Trade Eligibility
These are the eligibility criteria that candidates have to follow in order to get enrolment in this course. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates have to qualify in 10th.
- Candidates should get at least 40% marks in their exams.
- Candidates should qualify from a recognized board of education.
- The candidate’s age should be above 14 years.
Machinist Grinder ITI Course Duration
The duration of the ITI machinist grinder course is 2 years. The course consists of 4 semesters with a duration of each semester is 6 months.
|Course Element||1st Year Hours||2nd Year Hours|
|1. Professional Skill (Trade Practical)||840||840|
|2. Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)||240||300|
|3. Employability Skills||120||60|
Also Read:- ITI Instrument Mechanic Course
ITI Machinist Grinder Syllabus
- Importance of trade training
- Health & Safety
- Introduction of first-aid
- Operation of electrical mains
- Safety and environment
- Personal protective equipment
- Taper by angular protractor
- Drill different sizes of holes by machine
- Identify centre lathe and its parts
- Perform drilling operation on lathe
- Dress grinding wheel
- Use of telescopic gauge for checking of bore
- Sharpen lathe tools on pedestal grinder
- Perform preventive maintenance of grinding machines
- Introduction of first aid
- Ferrous and nonferrous metal
- Heat treatment of metals
- Theory of semi-precision measuring instruments
- Description of drilling machine use and care
- Methods of filing operation
- Knowledge of aligning a job on lathe
- Lathe tools and their uses
- Taper and its types and problems
- Application and use of pedestal grinder
- Pneumatic gauges
- Principle and value of grinding
- Grit and different types of bonds
- Depth micrometer and vernier
- Method of grinding tapers
- Common types of grinding machines
- Tool and cutter grinding machine-parts
- Use of snap gauges
- Special types of grinding machines
- Application of diamond wheel in grinding
- Mode of frequency of lubrication
- Universal cylindrical grinding machines
- Perform grinding of plain milling cutter
- Set and grind jobs on chucks and face plates
- Mount grinding wheel
- Grind snap gauge in close limit to H6
- Perform grinding of ring gauge using plug gauge
- Grind cylindrical stepsand perform honing
- Grind taper up to close limit H6
- Perform cylindrical step grinding
- Perform lapping on flat surface
- Perform multi-step cylindrical grinding
- Identify CNC machine
- Identify safety switches and interlocking of DIH modes
- Milling cutters and its nomenclature
- Principle of vernier caliper
- Mounting of grinding wheels
- Types of dress
- Dressing and truing of grinding
- Special types of micrometers
- Essential mechanism of grinding machines
- Principle types of grinding fluids
- Holding work on face plate
- Traverse and over run of traverse
- Process of grinding angular surfaces
- Hones and honing
- Method of plain cylindrical surface grinding
- Use of universal head for angular grinding
- Centreless grinding process
- Internal centreless grinding
- Various types of thread-grinding wheels
- Laps and lapping material
- Grinding defects and their correction
- Introduction to CNC grinding
- Concepts of positioning accuracy
- CNC lathe machine elements and their fuctions
Machinist Grinder ITI Course Fees
The course fees for ITI machinist grinder mainly depend on which type of ITI college you take admission i.e. government ITI or private ITI. If you take admission to a government ITI college then your course fees are lesser as compared to a private ITI college. Average fees for both types of institutes are as follows:
- Government ITI:- ₹5,000 – ₹20,000
- Private ITI:- ₹5,000 – ₹50,000
ITI Machinist Grinder Job Scope
As far as job scope are concerned then I would like to tell you that you will find many job opportunities after the completion of the ITI machinist grinder course. There are many companies that release vacancies for ITI pass-out candidates. You can find job vacancies on various job portal websites. The future scope of the machinist grinder is also very good.
Also Read:- ITI Foundryman Course
ITI Machinist Grinder Salary
The average salary that a fresher get in a job after qualifying ITI machinist grinder course is INR 10,000 to INR 15,000 on monthly basis.
Average Salary:- ₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can girl candidates do machinist grinder course?
Yes, definitely girls can pursue the ITI machinist grinder course.
What is the duration of ITI machinist grinder course?
The duration of the ITI machinist grinder course is 2 years. Course contains 4 semester having 6 months duration each.