Are you confused about how to write a notice? If yes, and searching the notice writing format then don’t worry because you’ve landed at the right place. In this blog post, I will share the complete format of notice writing which is valid for all classes/grade students. However, the word limit for notice writing remains the same with the increase in class.
What is Notice Writing?
Notice writing consists of 50 to 60 words of information/message highlighting details about something that has happened or is about to happen as an event, lost or found something, celebration, competition, or any information that is intended to reach the public. It is written to signify a large number of people or a group of people.
Notices are written in simple language and generally, notices are put up in public places, educational institutions, government offices, and newspapers. Any notice in schools and colleges is displayed on the notice board of the Institution. The information contained in the notice is concise and accurate.
Notice Writing Format
- Notice is always written inside a box.
- First, write the name of the organization or agency in the top header.
- then write “NOTICE” in the capital letter on the second line.
- after that write the date.
- Write the title/heading/subject of the concerned declaration in the fourth line.
- After that write the body of the notice in 50 to 60 words.
- It should contain all the details which can help fulfil its purpose such as the date, time and venue, along with any other information that may be considered necessary.
- Write your name, signature and designation at the end.
A practical version of the same theoretical notice writing is as follows:
Name of the Institution/Organisation/Authority
Subject/Topics of the Notice
Body of the Notice in 50 to 60 words. Provide all the necessary details.
Name and Designation
Notice Writing Guidelines
- Always write the notice inside a rectangular box.
- The notice must be written within 60 words.
- The name of the institution/authority should be written at the top.
- Always write NOTICE words that are clearly visible.
- The issuing date should be mentioned.
- Take care not to write useless things in the notice.
- The notice should be simple and easy to read.
- Always write the subject that is suitable for the notice before the content.
- Try not to repeat any words.
- The body content should have all the necessary details regarding the notice.
- If the notice is about an event then all the details of the event should be there like timing, location, etc.
- Only those points should be mentioned which are important with respect to the event or clause.
- If the notice is about any sporting event, give contact information about the person concerned and the eligibility criteria for the participants.
- A well-written notice must address the 5 Ws: what, when, where, whom, and who.
- Avoid using personal pronouns like I, you, I, etc.
- Do not mention your personal details if not required.
- Just write the name and designation.
- Last, review the notice for any grammatical and spelling mistakes.
Notice Writing Topics
- Notice on Tree Plantation Programme
- Notice of Debate Competition
- Notice on Science Exhibition
- Notice on Teachers Day Celebration
- Notice on Independence Day Celebration
- Notice of Quiz Competition
- Notice on Dance Competition
- Notice of Blood Donation Camp in your Locality
- Notice on Cultural Programme
- Notice on Educational Tour
- Notice on Inter-School Football Tournament
- Notice on Save Water
- Notice on Annual Day Celebration
- Notice on School Picnic
- Notice on Saraswati Puja Celebration
Notice Writing Examples
Examples 1:- You are Aman/Suman of D.A.V. Public School, Pune. As Student Editor of your school magazine, draft a notice in about 50 words for your school notice board inviting article sketches from students of all classes.
D.A.V. Public School, Pune
Date:- 9th September, 20XX
Subject:- Bring your own articles and sketches.
Students of all classes are hereby invited to submit their articles and sketches for the school magazine to the undersigned by 28th September in Room No. 12 during the VII period. Please ensure that your articles are neat and legible and that your sketches are clearly drawn.
Student Editor (School Magazine)
Example 2:- You are Kiran, School Captain of I.G. Public School, Chennai. Write a notice informing the students about a debate competition to be held on 12 July.
I.G. Public School, Chennai
Date:- 1st July, 20XX
Topic:- Opportunity in a debate competition.
All the students are hereby informed that a debate competition will be organized in the school auditorium on 12th July 20XX. Those who want to participate can submit their names to me by the 6th of July.
Example 3:- You are Rohan, secretary of Balaji Society, Meerut. Write a Notice to be circulated to all the residents of the society informing them that there will be no water supply in the society for two days.
Balaji Society, Meerut
Date:- 3rd March, 20XX
Subject:- No Water Supply in Society.
All the people of the society are hereby informed that there will be no water supply in our society on the 5th and 6th of March, 20XX. Everyone is requested to keep in mind this situation and make a plan for storing water.
Example 4:- You have planned to organize a summer camp for children in the age group 10-12 years to develop their creative skills in art, craft, clay modelling, music, etc., in your school during the month of May. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words for your school notice board giving details. Mention the last date of registration of the students. You are Geeta/Ravi, secretary, R.N. Public School, Raipur.
R.N. Public School, Raipur
Date:- 30th April, 20XX
Subject:- Summer Camp in School
The school plans to organize a two-week summer camp for children aged 10-12 years to develop their creative skills in art, craft, music, clay modelling, etc. on the school campus from 5th to 20th May. Those interested may deposit Rs 1500 in the accounts office by 5th May, 20XX. For more details, contact the undersigned.
Example 5:- Every year in the central part of the city a flower show is held in the month of February. Your school has received a circular from the District Collector inviting your students to visit it. Write a notice in about 50 words informing the students about the show and advising them to go and enjoy it. You are Suraj/Sweta, Head Boy/Head Girl, Arya Public School, Ranchi.
Arya Public School, Ranchi
Date:- 15th March, 20XX
Subject:- Invitation to Flower Show
The Central Park of our city organizes a flower show every year in the month of March. The District Collector has sent a circular inviting students of our school to visit this show which will be held from the 21st to the 25th of March. Students are advised to visit the central park and enjoy this show.
Sweta (Head Girl)
Example 6:- You are the Head Boy of the Indian Public School. Write a notice for an upcoming dance workshop during the summer vacation.
Indian Public School, Shimla
Date:- August 2, 20XX
Subject:- Dance Workshop
This is to inform all of you that the school is conducting a dance workshop from the 10th of August to the 15th of August, in the rehearsal hall. The best trainers of the Abby Lee Dance Company will be facilitating. All students are eligible. Students who are interested may contact the undersigned in the rehearsal hall between 10 p.m. and 12 a.m. on the 6th and 7th of August.
Notice Writing Questions for Practice
Question 1:- You are Krishna, secretary of the Vastu Vihar Society. You are going to organize a blood donation camp in your locality. Write a notice inviting all the adult people of your locality to come in large numbers for this noble cause and give all the necessary details.
Question 2:- You are Mohan/Pooja, Head Boy/Head Girl, ABC Public School, Noida. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words for your school notice board asking the students to give their names for participation in a dance competition event that is held in our school. Giving all the details of the events.
Question 3:- You are Rohit of Indian Public School, Lucknow. Your School has organized a science exhibition on the occasion of the 161st birthday of Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose, the founder of modern science in the Indian subcontinent. Write a notice in not more than 50 words inviting students to participate in it. Provide all the necessary.
Question 4:- You are Amrita Modi of Class VI A. You went to the playground and lost your watch there. You didn’t find the watch when you went back to check the next day. Write a notice about your lost watch.
Question 5:- You are Akash Gupta, the head boy of Doon Public School, Gurgaon. The school is organising a day trip to Jim Corbett of Classes VI and above. Write a notice with all the details about the trip.