Are you interested in the ITI sheet metal worker course and want to pursue this course and make your career in this field? If yes, and searching the details of this course then don’t worry because you landed at the right site. In this article, I will share the complete info about the sheet metal worker ITI trade.
A sheet metal worker is a skill-based course which covers all the basic aspects of terms which come under the sheet metal. The duration of the sheet metal worker ITI trade is one year and the trade is distributed all over the nation through the network of industrial training institutes(ITIs). The minimum educational qualification for taking admission in this trade is 8th.
There are many government ITI and private ITI colleges that offer this trade to students. You can complete this course from your interested college. After completing this course, you will be able to do the job of a sheet metal worker in this field. As far as job opportunities are concerned, there are many jobs you find after completing the course.
Sheet Metal Worker ITI Course: Overview
|Course||ITI (Industrial Training Institute)|
|Trade Name||Sheet Metal Worker|
|Level of Course||Certificate|
|Course Duration||1 Year|
|Course Fees||₹2,000 – ₹10,000 (Government)|
₹5,000 – ₹20,000 (Private)
|Jobs Salary||₹10,000 – ₹15,000 per month|
What is ITI Sheet Metal Worker?
Sheet metal worker is 1-year trade in ITI in which students are taught about assembling, dismantling, shaping, installing, and repairing sheet metal products. Within the 1 year duration, you learn about various machinery that is used to make types of sheet metal, materials used, operating fabricating machines to cut, and giving shape to metal over blocks, hammers, and anvils. You will also experience working in a very hot and high-temperature environment.
The course covers the characteristics study of metals & non-metals, measuring tools, hand tools, solid & hollow punches, rivets and their parts, fastening of sheet metal, the process of soft soldering, method of galvanizing, need for ducting, types of oxy-acetylene flames, various types of pipe joints, aluminium fabrication, swaging and beading machines, properties of stainless steel and its uses.
Sheet Metal Worker ITI Course Eligibility
Candidates must fulfil these eligibility criteria in order to take admission to the sheet metal worker ITI course. Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must be passed in 8th standard.
- Candidates who qualified for 10th are also eligible to take admission.
- The candidate’s age should be above 14 years.
- Candidates should qualify from a recognized board of education.
Sheet Metal Worker ITI Course Duration
The duration of the sheet metal worker ITI course is 1 year. Distribution of training hours across different curriculum elements during the period of one year are as follows:
|1. Professional Skill (Trade Practical)||1000|
|2. Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)||280|
|3. Workshop Calculation & Science||80|
|4. Engineering Drawing||80|
|5. Employability Skills||160|
Also Read:- ITI Foundryman Course
Sheet Metal Worker ITI Syllabus
- Induction of training familiarisation
- Induction to safety devices
- Identification of tools and equipment
- Mark and cut through the straight line
- Drawing simple geometrical shapes
- Cutting with different types of snips
- Practice on sheet metal seams
- Forming rectangular shapes using stakes
- Making a radius using wooden blocks
- Forming frustum of a cone
- Types of rivet heads
- Single chain riveted joint
- Solder lap joint
- Single plated solder butt
- Make by soldering
- Importance of machinery used in the trade
- Locked groove joint by aluminium sheet
- Practice on pipe bending by hand
- Metal spinning
- Pipe butt joint in down-hand position
- Co2 welding
- TiG welding
- Special exercises
- Safety precaution in sheet metal work
- Characteristics of metals and non-metals
- Measuring tools
- Hand tools
- Sheet metal folded joints
- Development of surfaces
- Rivets and its parts
- Types of rivet and their uses
- Calculation for riveting allowances
- Fastening of sheet metal
- Process of soft soldering
- Heating appliances
- Introduction to tubes and pipes
- Method of galvanizing
- Need for ducting
- Safety precautions in gas & arc welding
- Types of oxy-acetylene flames
- Various types of pipe joints
- Types of sheet metal fabrication
- Introduction to aluminium fabrication
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Swaging and beading machine
- Operating principles of power press
- Properties of stainless steel and its uses
- Introduction to pipe/tube bending
- Planishing and its application
- Operating principles of spinning lathe
- Princile of arc welding
- Principle of resistance welding
- CO2 welding process
- Types of tungsten electrodes
- Laser cutting
- Material handling
Sheet Metal Worker ITI Course Fees
The course fees for ITI sheet metal workers mainly depend on the college type. If you take admission to a government ITI college then course fees are lesser as compared to private ITI college. Average course fees for both types of institutes are as follows:
- Government ITI:- ₹2,000 – ₹10,000
- Private ITI:- ₹5,000 – ₹20,000
Sheet Metal Worker ITI Books
|1. ITI Sheet Metal Worker Theory||By G.P.Bhoria|
|2. Royal ITI Sheet Metal Worker||By Generic|
|3. Sheet Metal Worker Theory (Hindi Edition)||By Anil Kumar Dangi|
|4. Sheet Metal Work (Workshop Practice)||By R.E. Wakeford|
Sheet Metal Worker ITI Job
After successfully qualifying ITI sheet metal worker course, you can get employability opportunities in the metal product-making industry. There are many companies that release vacancies for ITI sheet metal worker pass-out. You can search the vacancies on the job portal websites. As far as job scope is concerned then I would like to tell you that its job scope is very bright in the future because we all are well aware that industrialization is growing all over the world in a rapid way.
Also Read:- ITI Tool and Die Course
Sheet Metal Worker Salary in India
The average salary that candidates would get in a job after completing ITI sheet metal worker is INR 10,000 to INR 15,000 on monthly basis.
Average Salary:- ₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the duration of ITI sheet metal worker?
The duration of ITI sheet metal worker course is 1 year.
Can I get a job after qualifying ITI sheet metal worker course?
Yes you can get a job after qualifying ITI sheet metal worker course.