Are you looking for the complete details of the ITI dental laboratory equipment technician course? If yes, then you are at the right place because, in this article, I will share the complete info about the dental laboratory equipment technician course.
Dental laboratory equipment technician is a vocational trade that comes under the Craftsman Training Scheme (CTS). This is a course that comes under the category of mid-range medical course as the duration of this course is 2 years.
The minimum educational qualification that candidates need in order to take admission in this course is 10th. Candidates who want to become a Dentist can start their career through this course.
- Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician Course
- How long does it take to become a dental laboratory equipment technician?
- Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician Course Eligibility
- Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician Syllabus
- Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician ITI Course Fees
- Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician Salary in India
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician ITI: Overview
|ITI (Industrial Training Institutes)
|Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician
|Level of Course
|₹2,000 – ₹20,000 (Government)
₹20,000 – ₹1,00,000 (Private)
|₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month
Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician Course
A dental laboratory equipment technician is an ITI medical trade having a duration of 2 years. It is a course in which students are taught safety precautions taken while doing any operation, the study of density, the study of electro-technology applied to dental work, the setting of teeth and wax fixing, principles of wire bending, and many more laws and terms related to dental. In this course, you will get to know the role and responsibilities of a dental laboratory equipment technician.
During studying, you will get both theoretical as well as practical knowledge. You will get the experience of many things through practical knowledge. You will learn about the different types of dental instruments and equipment while consuming this course.
How long does it take to become a dental laboratory equipment technician?
The duration of the ITI dental laboratory equipment technician course is 2 years. The curriculum of this course is divided into two parts. Each part consists of 1 year.
|1. Professional Skill (Trade Practical)
|2. Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)
|3. Employability Skills
Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician Course Eligibility
Candidates must have to fulfil these eligibility criteria in order to get admission to ITI dental laboratory equipment technician course. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed in 10th from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should be at least 15 years of age.
- Candidates qualifying 12th are also eligible to take admission.
Also Read:- ITI Health Sanitary Inspector Course
Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician Syllabus
|Professional Skills (Trade Practical)
|Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)
1st Year Syllabus
- Make a flowchart of various professionals working in dental hospitals
- Machines and equipment used in different sections of laboratories
- Safety precautions while handling each piece of equipment
- Use of weighing machines and weights
- Chart of various scales
- Various temperature measuring devices
- Various alloys used in dental laboratories
- Practice measuring voltage & current
- Electrical safety reflects important instructions
- Diagram of electrolysis theory
- Properties of metals used in dentistry
- Identify various gypsum products
- Manipulate dental cement
- Identify various dental waxes
- Manipulate impression
- Diagnostic and master casts
- Trimming of casts
- Fabricate clasps
- Carving of teeth in wax maxillary anterior teeth
- Construct Oral Screen
- Branches of dentistry
- Role and responsibilities of dental technicians
- Safety precautions
- Study of density
- Study of temperature
- Boyle’s law and Charles’s law
- Study of Ohm’s law
- Dental materials gypsum products
- Study of dental material
- Dental waxes
- Denture bases like base plates
- Theory of occlusal rims and articulation
- Principles of teeth setting
- Arcrylization of denture
- Principles of wire bending and retention components
- Human dentition
- Nomenclature of teeth
- Mascles of deglutination
- Explain on occlusion theory
- Removable partial denture
- Orthodontic appliances
- Tarnish and corrosion
2nd Year Syllabus
- Acrylic crown anterior
- Blue inlay wax
- Prepare die for a fixed partial denture
- Spacer and hardener
- Metal wax up to maxillary
- Full metal restorations
- Prepare cast and die for bridge
- Wax up for copings
- Casting copings
- Devesting copings
- Oxidizes the crown
- Ceramic layering anterior crown
- Ceramic layering posterior maxillary
- Ceramic layering mandibular
- Temporary acrylic crowns
- Blue inlay wax
- Die and die preparation
- Spacer and hardener
- Wax up full metal crowns
- Principles of casting
- Fabrication of prosthesis
- Differences b/w fixed and removable prosthodontics
- Mock-up and its importance
- Polishing metal restorations
- Ceramic as a material
- Introduction to various ceramic systems
- Choosing right systems
- Advances in dental ceramics communicating with the dentist
Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician ITI Course Fees
The course fees for the dental laboratory equipment technician trade depend from college to college. For example – government ITI colleges have lesser fees as compared to private ITI colleges. The average course fees are as follows:
- Government College:- ₹2,000 – ₹20,000
- Private College:- ₹20,000 – ₹1,00,000
Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician Salary in India
The salary for ITI dental laboratory equipment technicians mainly depends on their skills, work profile, and experience. On average, a fresher could get ₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month.
Average Salary:- ₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many years does it take to become an ITI dental technician?
It takes 2 years to complete ITI dental laboratory equipment technician course.
What is the role of a dental technician?
The role of a dental technician is to make dentures, bridges, dental braces, and crowns.