Are you looking for the details of the ITI Draughtsman Mechanical course? If yes, and then this article is for you. In this article, I will discuss the complete details of the Mechanical Draughtsman trade in ITI.
ITI in Draughtsman Mechanical trade is a 2 years vocational training program in the field of machinery and mechanical tools. It is a skill-based mechanical course that every student applies after passing 10th standard. You can do this course at any private or government institute. There are many private as well as government ITI institutes in India that offer ITI Draughtsman Mechanical courses to students.
ITI courses are also known as skills-based courses because you will get both practical as well as theoretical knowledge within the time period of the respective course. In the draughtsman mechanical course, you will learn many things by doing practical training.
It is one of the popular trade-in ITI courses. Students interested in the field of machine and machine design usually prefer to do this course after 10th. It is a course that comes under the mechanical branch and is approved by the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT).
- ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Course: Overview
- What is Draughtsman Mechanical Course in ITI?
- Eligibility for ITI Draughtsman Mechanical
- ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Course Duration
- ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Admission
- ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Syllabus
- ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Jobs
- ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Apprenticeship
- What to do after ITI Draughtsman Mechanical
- ITI Draughtsman Mechanical vs Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Books
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Course: Overview
|ITI (Industrial Training Institutes)
|Course Name (Trade)
|ITI in Draughtsman (Mechanical)
|10th or Equivalent
|₹5,000 to 15,000 (Government)
₹10,000 to ₹1,00,000 (Private)
|₹1,20,000 – ₹3,60,000 per annum
What is Draughtsman Mechanical Course in ITI?
Draughtsman Mechanical is an ITI trade that deals with the study of machinery and mechanical tools. It is a 2 years vocational training program which is divided into 4 semesters and the duration of each semester is 6 months. In this program, you will learn about types of machines, designing of machines, software for machines design, freehand sketching, equipment used in making machines, use of AutoCAD, and many more.
Basically, ITI mechanical draughtsman is a basic-level course in the field of machines and machine drawing. If you have an interest in machines then you can choose this course after 10th. Otherwise, you can also go for a diploma in mechanical engineering course after 10th. It is also a popular program among students.
Eligibility for ITI Draughtsman Mechanical
Students must full fill these eligibility criteria in order to get admission to the ITI Draughtsman Mechanical course.
- Students must have passed in 10th standard from a recognized board of education.
- Students should get at least 40% marks in 10th examination.
- 12th and graduate candidates are also eligible to apply.
- students should minimum 15 years of age.
ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Course Duration
The duration of the ITI Draughtsman Mechanical course is 2 years and the complete course is divided into 4 semesters. The duration of each semester is 6 months.
Duration:- 2 Years
ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Admission
There are mainly three processes through which you can take admission in ITI Draughtsman Mechanical. One is direct admission, In this process candidates can take direct admission in ITI draughtsman mechanical course without facing any entrance criteria.
The second is merit-based admission, In this process candidates are selected on the basis of a merit list and the merit list is based on the candidate’s performance in their previous examination.
Last is the entrance examination-based admission, In this process candidates are selected on the basis of the results they get in the entrance exam.
ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Syllabus
|ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Subjects
|Professional Knowledge (Theory)
|Professional Skills (Practical)
- Soft Skills: Its importance and Job area after completing training.
- B.I.S. Lines
- Type of lettering proportion
- Polygons and Circles
- Importance of freehand sketching
- Constructions of different types of scales
- Definition of development
- Principle of isometric projection
- Types of perspective projection
- Importance of Trade Training
- Health and Safety
- Importance of Housekeeping & Good Shop Floor Practices
- Practice using instruments
- Types of Lines and Their uses
- Block letters and numerals
- Ellipse, parabola, and hyperbola
- Dimensioning technique
- Projection of Solids
- Freehand sketching
- Isometric projection of geometrical solids
- Screw Threads, Types, Uses
- Types of Nuts
- Different types of foundation bolts
- Types of assembly drawing
- Types of fastening materials
- A.C & D.C motors generators
- Bearing, Types, Uses
- Introduction to computer
- Introduction to Auto CAD, Advantages
- Freehand sketching
- Types of nuts, washers, bolts, studs
- Working drawing of welded structures
- Types of rivets
- Allied Trade – Fitting, Turning, Machinist, Sheet Metal, Electrician, etc
- Grades and Micron values
- Working Drawing of a simple bearing
- Practice on Computer
- Introduction to Auto CAD
- Introduction to 3D
- Creating templates
- Dimensioning drawings
- Modifying styles in dimensioning
- Belts power
- Piping materials
- Transmission of power
- Use of cams in Industry
- Brief description of petrol, diesel and gas engines
- Exercise using line, trim, move, etc
- Practice using dimensioning
- Practice using creating templates
- Styles in dimensioning
- Practice using 3D primitives
- Pipe fittings
- Different types of pipe joints
- Working drawing of gears
- Working drawing of eccentrics, steam engines, etc
- Working principle of valves and their description
- Working principle and function of hydraulic jack
- Structural Steel B.I.S.
- Lay out of Machines Foundations
- Function of Gauges
- Introduction to solid works
- Drawings and Detailing
- Safety Valve
- Structural Steel Roof Truss Joints
- Drawing of a Drilling Jig
- Different Types of Gauges
- Sketching of a Press Tool
- Sketching & Assembly
- Exercise Using Copy & Paste
- Exercise on Screw Jack
ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Jobs
The job opportunities for draughtsman mechanical is good in the market. After the completion of the course, you can a job in both private as well as government sectors. It is a mechanical-based course.
So, the higher probability is that you get a job in any factory or power plant. In India, Industrialization is growing day by day. As a result, it creates a lot of new employment opportunities for people. The future scope and demand for these types of professions are high. Some of the job profiles are as follows:
- Machine Designer
- Component Designer
- Architectural Assistant
- Technical Assistant
- Structural Draughtsman
- AutoCAD Expert
- Draughtsman Piping
ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Salary in India
The Draughtsman Mechanical ITI Salary depends on various factors. Also, the salary of mechanical draughtsman in the government sector is relatively high as compared to the private sector. On average a fresher ITI Draughtsman Mechanical would get a salary of around 1.2 lakhs to 3.6 lakhs per annum.
Average Salary:- ₹1,20,000 – ₹3,60,000 per annum.
ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Apprenticeship
You can also join the apprenticeship program after completing ITI in the Draughtsman Mechanical course. There are many big private companies that release apprenticeship forms for students. By joining the apprenticeship program you can gain more knowledge in your field. You can also get a chance to experience your profession before getting a job. You can also earn money by joining apprenticeship programs.
What to do after ITI Draughtsman Mechanical
You can get a lot of options after completing the ITI mechanical draughtsman course. You can go for higher studies in the same mechanical field or you can pursue other courses. You can work by joining any company or you can start your own business.
Course after ITI Draughtsman Mechanical
- You can go for other vocational training courses.
- You can go for polytechnic courses.
- You can pursue higher studies in the mechanical field.
- You can complete 10+2 by joining any college or school.
- You can go to the defence sector.
Also Read:- ITI Computer Courses List
ITI Draughtsman Mechanical vs Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
|ITI Draughtsman Mechanical
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
|1. It is a certificate-level course.
|1. It is a diploma-level course.
|2. It is a basic level course as compared to a diploma in mechanical engineering.
|2. It is an advanced level course as compared to an ITI in Draughtsman Mechanical.
|3. It is a 2 years program.
|3. It is a 3 years program.
|4. The profession is called a draughtsman.
|4. The profession is called a junior engineer.
ITI Draughtsman Mechanical Books
- Draughtsman Mechanical Theory & Practical
- Basic Engineering Drawing
- Workshop Engineering Drawing
- Workshop Calculation and Science
- Communication Skills
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the qualification required to become an ITI draughtsman?
The minimum qualification required to become a draughtsman is 10th passed.
What is the salary of a draughtsman in India?
The average salary of a draughtsman in India is 10,000 to 40,000 per month in INR.
What is the work of a draughtsman?
The work of a draughtsman is to create the structure and design of the respective model using CAD software and also freehand.
Is draughtsman mechanical is a good career option?
If you have an interest in this then it is a good career option.