Do you have an interest in computer technology and programming language and also want to pursue the ITI COPA course as well? If yes, and browsing the internet to get complete information about the Copa ITI course, then I want to tell you that your search is over because you landed at the right place. In this article, I will share the complete information about the COPA ITI course.
I am going to assume that you must know that COPA is a popular trade of ITI which is offered to 10th passed students. This also shows that if one wants to do a COPA course, then he/she must pass 10th. COPA course is taught in many ITI institutes all over India. It is considered a short-term course as the duration of the course is only 1 year.
The name COPA is called in a short form, if this term is seen by expanding each letter of COPA, then it will be called Computer Operator and Programming Assistant. After reading the full form of COPA, you will get the idea that it is a computer and programming-related course. So now without further delay let us look at all the aspects of the COPA course one by one.
It would be my advice to you that you must read the article till the end so that you can get all the information related to the COPA course very well.
ITI COPA Course Details: Overview
|Course||Industrial Training Institute (ITI)|
|Trade Name||Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA)|
|Level of Course||Certificate|
|Course Fees||₹500 – ₹5,000 (Government)|
₹5,000 – ₹50,000 (Private)
|Jobs Salary||₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month|
COPA Full Form:- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant.
What is COPA Course?
COPA is a basic computer technician course of the duration of 1 year which mostly taught about how to operate computers, how to deal with the internet, and how to connect with each other with the help of online software like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. In this course, you will learn about how things are created on the Internet with the help of a coding language, also known as a programming language.
You will read about operating systems like Windows operating system, Android operating system, and Linux operating system, and learn how to run software like Microsoft Office. You will be able to understand the concept of designing through practicals.
Moreover, you will learn the basics of different programming languages only by doing practicals. You will also know in what ways the computer is kept safe and you will also get a chance to know the many shortcuts from the keyboard.
I am telling you again that ITI Copa is a basic level computer course, in this, you will clear only basic concepts and not depth advanced studies. Truly speaking, after doing this course, you will not get jobs in any high software companies, you will be able to get allotted small jobs only as a computer operator or computer technician.
COPA ITI is a vocational training program of duration 1-year which is provided by the Directorate General of Training (DGT) under the Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship. ITI COPA is categorized in the Computer Operated Craftsman Trade.
ITI COPA Course Eligibility
These are the eligibility criteria which you have to fulfil then after you will be able to pursue the ITI COPA course. Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Students must have passed the class 10th examination from a recognized education board.
- Students must be at least 14 years of age.
- Students should have basic English language knowledge.
- PwD people are eligible for ITI COPA Trade.
- Many institutes or colleges conduct entrance tests before admission. So, if you want to take admission to those institutes or colleges then you have to qualify for their entrance exam and get the proper cut-off.
ITI COPA Syllabus
COPA Syllabus 2023:- There are a lot of topics that come under the ITI COPA syllabus. Some of them are given below.
ITI COPA First Semester Syllabus
COPA Trade Theory
- Safe Working Practices
- Introduction of Computer Components
- Introduction of Windows Operating System
- Computer Basics and Software Installation
- Introduction to DOS Command Line Interface and Linux Operating Systems
- Word Processing Software
- Spread Sheet Application
- Image Editing and Presentation
- Database Management Systems
- Networking Concepts
- Internet Concepts
- Web Design Concepts
COPA Trade Practical
- Safe Working Practices
- Computer Components
- Using of Windows Operating System
- Computer Basic and Software Installation
- DOS Command Line Interface and Linux Operation Systems
- Using Word Processing Software
- Using Spread Sheet Application
- Image Editing and Creating Presentations
- Database Management with MS Access
- Configuring and Using Network
- Using Internet
- Designing Static Web Pages
- English Literacy
- I.T. Literacy
- Communication Skills
ITI COPA Second Semester Syllabus
COPA Trade Theory
- Introduction to VBA, Features and Applications
- Use of Accounting Software
- E-Commerce Concepts
- Cyber Security
COPA Trade Practical
- Java Script and Creating Web Pages
- Programming with VBA
- Using Accounting Software
- Cyber Security
- Entrepreneurship Skills
- Occupational Safety, Health, and Environment Education
- Labour Welfare Legislation
- Quality Tools
ITI COPA Course Duration
The COPA ITI course duration is one year and the period of one year is further divided into parts known as semesters. Each semester consists of 6 months in duration. The ITI COPA course mainly focuses on three subjects and each subject is taught for a certain hours duration throughout the course period. The respective hours are as follows:
|S NO.||ITI COPA Subjects||Hours|
|1||COPA Trade Practical||1200|
|2||COPA Trade Theory||240|
ITI COPA Course Fees
Fees for ITI COPA is all depending on the institution to which you want to take admission. I give you an idea of what COPA ITI fees are based on my experience. SC/ST categories students may get fewer fees as compared to the General and OBC categories students. However, government ITI institutes have lesser fees as compared to private ITI institutes.
- Government Institute:- ₹500 – ₹5,000
- Private Institute:- ₹5,000 – ₹50,000
Short Disclaimer:- Course fees may become high or low with time.
Each state has a different process to take admission to ITI like in Rajasthan the admission process is done on the basis of a merit list whereas in a state like Jharkhand ITI admission is done by appearing in an entrance exam.
Moreover, as far as we talk about private ITI colleges, the majority of private ITI colleges take direct admission without conducting any entrance exam.
And I hope that you must know that the form has to be filled out before admission, after that either you have to qualify for the exam or merit list and after that, the last one has to sit in counselling and based on the score one gets allotted to respective ITI college.
Note:- Registration fees may be charged at the time of form submission.
Generally, the admission form is released in the month of May and it takes one and half months after the form is released to complete the admission process. However, you must check all the dates regarding admission through the website of your state education board.
ITI COPA Books
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant Theory (Hindi) – By P. C. Gupta
- ITI COPA Practical – By Rahul Sharma
- NSQF Level 4 COPA – By Neetu Gaikwad
- NSQF Level 4 COPA (Hindi Edition) – By Amit Joshi
- COPA Question Bank – By Vidya Prakashan
- COPA (English) – By PC Gupta
- COPA Practical – By Generic
- COPA (Hindi) – By Generic
- COPA Both Theory and Practical – By Aarihant
ITI COPA Jobs
After the completion of the COPA ITI course, If your college provides placement, then it is a good thing and if it does not, then everyone is looking for a job. ITI Copa is a basic computer course so that you can get small package jobs related to it.
Many companies work to provide jobs for ITI pass-out, so you can contact those companies. Many companies also do direct recruitment, you can get information about those vacancies by visiting the website of the job portal or the respective website of the companies.
In Hospitals, Schools, Colleges, Coaching Institutes, Small Businesses, Restaurants, and Hotels, there is a need for a computer operator, then you can also apply in these places. In general, job opportunities are good after doing ITI and its scope in future is also good.
You can work in the government sector or private sector after completing the ITI COPA course.
COPA Salary in India
Salary mainly depends on your skills. It may be high or it may be low but on average, a fresher could get around ₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month i.e. ₹1,20,000 to ₹1,80,000 per annum.
Salary:- ₹10,000 to ₹15,000 per month
- Students should know how to use systems properly.
- Students should know how to deal with system failure.
- Students should know how to use/work with the basic software in systems.
- Students should be well aware of the online world and its uses.
- Computer Operator
- Customer Service Operative
- Control Operator
- Contact Centre Assistant
- Data Entry Operator
- Data Capture Operator
- Inbound Call Operator
- Operations Analyst
- Trainee Service Desk Operator
- Workshop Assistant
ITI COPA vs Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
|ITI in COPA||Diploma in Computer Science Engineering|
|1. It is a certificate-level course.||1. It is a diploma-level course.|
|2. The duration of the course is 1 year.||2. The duration of the course is 3 years.|
|3. It is a basic level computer course.||3. It is an advanced-level computer course as compared to ITI in COPA.|
|4. You can pursue this course after 10th.||4. You can pursue this course after 10th or 12th.|
|5. The profession is called a computer Operator or Technician.||5. The profession is called a junior engineer in computer science.|
Career Options after COPA ITI Course
- You can do a diploma course in computer science.
- You can go for other vocational training courses.
- You can do your higher secondary education i.e. 12th
- You can do diploma-level courses after completing ITI in COPA.
- You can apply for the apprenticeship program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which course is best after ITI Copa?
A diploma in computer science is one of the best courses after the ITI Copa.
What is the salary of ITI Copa?
On an average ₹8,000 to ₹10,000 per month i.e. ₹96,000 to ₹1,20,000 per annum.
What is Copa in ITI Course?
Copa is like a branch/trade in ITI. COPA stands for computer operators and programming assistants.
Is ITI COPA a diploma?
No, COPA is not a diploma-level program. It is ITI certificate-level program run by DGT.
What we can do after ITI Copa?
You can either go for higher studies or you can do COPA related job,
Can I get a job after ITI Copa?
Yes, the job opportunities at ITI Copa are good. The chance of getting a job after completing the COPA ITI course is high.
What are the subjects of Copa?
There are mainly three subjects of COPA – Trade Theory, Trade Practicals, and Employability Skills.