Want to do ITI in Machinist course? If yes and searching the details of the ITI Machinist course then this article can help you. In this article. I will discuss the complete details of the ITI in the Machinist course.
Machinist ITI is a vocational training program that comes under the field of mechanical because the course deals with the study of machines and various types of tools that are used in the making and maintenance of machines. The duration of the course is 2 years. ITI in Machinist is one of the mechanical trades in ITI.
Students who are interested in machinists can do this course. The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue this course is 10th passed or equivalent exam passed by a recognized board of education. Students can complete this course from any private or government ITI institute. There are a lot of private as well as government ITI institutes available in India that offer ITI Machinist trade to students.
Machinist ITI trade is a job-oriented program because, after the completion of the course, you can get job opportunities in both private as well as government sectors. The government released vacancies for ITI candidates.
ITI programs come under the NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training).
- ITI Machinist Course: Overview
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
ITI Machinist Course: Overview
|ITI (Industrial Training Institutes)
|ITI in Machinist
|₹10,000 to ₹50,000
|₹1,80,000 – ₹3,60,000 per annum
What is Machinist Trade in ITI?
Machinist is a popular trade in ITI that deals with the study of machines and machine parts. It is a 2 years technical program in the mechanical field. In this course, you will be taught about the part of machines, how machine parts are made, materials used in making machines, types of tools that are used in making & modifying machines, the working of machines, the importance of grease, and many more.
You will learn a lot of things by doing practical training. In this skill-based course, you will get both theoretical as well as practical training. You will also get to know about various types of machines that are used in factories.
Eligibility for Machinist ITI
Students must full fill these eligibility criteria in order to take admission to the ITI machinist course.
- Students must be passed in 10th or equivalent examination.
- Students should be passed from a recognized board of education.
- Students should get at least a 40% mark in their respective examinations.
- Students should be at least 15 years of age.
ITI Machinist Course Duration
The duration of the ITI Machinist course is 2 years and the course is divided into 4 semesters. The duration of each semester is 6 months.
Duration:- 2 Years
ITI Machinist Course Syllabus
|ITI Machinist Subjects
- Importance of Safety and Precautions
- Types of Chisels, Files & Uses
- Hand Tools and Their Importance
- Marking Block
- Hacksaw Blade, Drill Bits
- Forging Tools
- Heat Treatment Process
- Introduction to Hand Taps & Dies
- Introduction of Shaper
- Outside Micrometer
- Heat Treatment Process
- Surface Finish as per ISI System
- Introduction to Coolant & Lubricant
- Importance of Trade Training
- Chipping Flat Surfaces and Grinding
- Introduction of First Aid
- Uses of Marking Tools
- Marking and Drilling Holes on Flat Pieces
- Filing Flat Type Polygon
- Introduction to Shaping Machine
- Cutting of External Keyway on Shaper
- Introduction to Slotting
- Slotting Internal Operations
- Introduction to Planning
- Cutting Tools for Planer Their Material
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Hydraulic Mechanism
- Vernier Bevel Protractor
- Introduction to Lathe
- Introduction of Taper
- Milling Machine Importance
- Indexing Introduction & Types
- Gear Introduction
- Grinding Machine
- Planning Angular
- Grinding of Tools
- Chamfering Using Roughing
- Taper Turning By Offset Method
- A sequence of Milling Six Faces of a Solid Block
- Up milling and Down Milling
- Milling Square and Milling Dovetail
- Introduction to Grinding Machine
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Taper Calculations
- Screw Cutting on a Lathe
- Difference B/w Single and Multi Start Threads
- Pillar Drill Machine
- Various Materials for single Point Cutting Tools
- Vernier Caliper and Roller
- Properties of Metals
- Hydraulic Transmission
- Elements of Milling Cutter
- Form Tool for Slotting Machines
- Cutting Square Threads
- Cutting Multi Start V Thread on Lathe
- Cutting ADME Thread
- Use of Pillar Drill in Drilling
- Balancing the Face Plate
- T Slots Cutting in Shape Machine
- Shaping of Convex and Concave Surfaces
- Cutting Internal and External Sprockets
- Milling Hexagonal Hole on a Plate by Attachment
- CNC Technology
- Surface Finish
- Introduction of Spiral
- Use of Proper Cutting
- Vernier Gear Tooth Caliper
- Introduction to Broaching
- Introduction of Helical Gear
- Introduction to Rack
- Demo of Parts of CNC Machining Center
- Pocket Milling
- Drilling and Tapping
- Cutting Face Cam
- Milling Gears by Differential Indexing
- Milling a Drum Cam & Plate Cam
- Milling a Rack
- Gashing ad Finishing
ITI Machinist Course Fees
The fees of the ITI Machinist course vary from institute to institute. Although, government institutes have lesser fees as compared to private institutes.
Average Course Fees:- ₹10,000 to ₹50,000
ITI Machinist Career in India
The career of a Machinist is very good for the future as well as in the current time because industrialization is growing day by day in India. As a result, it creates a lot of employment opportunities. After the completion of the Machinist ITI course, you can get a job in factories, garages, vehicle showrooms, etc.
ITI Machinist Salary
A fresher machinist would get around 1.2 lakhs to 3.6 lakhs per annum in INR.
Average Salary:- ₹1.20.000 – ₹3,60,000
ITI Machinist Apprenticeship
There are a lot of companies that offer apprenticeship programs to students. By joining an apprenticeship program you get a lot of benefits. Apprenticeship programs provide live training in Industries, factories, power plants, etc. You can also earn money by joining apprenticeship programs.
Courses after ITI Machinist
- You can go for other craftsman training courses.
- You can go diploma level courses.
- You can go for advanced studies in the mechanical or automobile field.
- You can complete 10+2 after completing the Machinist ITI course.
ITI Machinist Book
- Machinist Trade Theory
- ITI Machinist Trade
- ITI Machinist Practical
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can girls candidates do the ITI Machinist course?
Yes, girls candidates also do this course.
What is the duration of the ITI Machinist course?
The duration of the ITI Machinist course is 2 years.
Does machinist is a good profession?
Yes, the machinist is a good profession.