Are you want to do an ITI pump operator course? If yes, and searching the details of the ITI pump operator course then this article is for you. In this article, I will discuss the complete details of the pump operator ITI course.
ITI Pump Operator cum mechanic is a one-year vocational training program that deals with the study of pumps like installing a pump, repairing & maintaining a pump, the importance of lubrication in pumps, isolation of electricity in a pump, components of a pump, etc.
The duration of the ITI in pump operator cum mechanic is 1 year. Students can pursue this course after 10th class. The minimum eligibility criteria to take admission in ITI in pump operator course is 10th or equivalent exam passed.
In this course, you will get both theoretical as well as practical knowledge about pumps. In India, there are many ITI institutes in India that offer ITI in pump operator courses to students. You can take admission and complete this course.
It is one of the short-term skill-based courses in ITI. It is a full-time course. After the completion of the course, you can get an employment opportunity in both government and private sectors.
ITI Pump Operator Course: Overview
|ITI (Industrial Training Institutes)
|Course Name (Trade)
|ITI in Pump Operator Cum Mechanic
|10th or Equivalent
|₹5,000 – ₹10,000
|₹1,20,000 – ₹2,40,000 per annum
ITI Pump Operator Course Eligibility
Candidates must full fill these eligibility criteria in order to get admission in ITI in Pump operator cum mechanic course from an ITI institute. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed in 10th or equivalent exam from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should get at least 40% to 45% marks in their respective examinations.
- Candidates should be a minimum of 15 years of age.
ITI Pump Operator Course Duration
The duration of the Pump Operator ITI course is 1 year and the complete course is divided into 2 semesters. The duration of each semester is 6 months.
Duration:- 1 Year
ITI Pump Operator Syllabus
|ITI Pump Operator Subjects
- Introduction of the Trade
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Hand & Power Tools
- Systems of Measurement
- Cutting Tools
- Drilling Machine
- Limits, Fits & Tolerances
- Sheet Metal
- Basic Electronics
- Basic Electricity
- Introduction to Welding and Heat Treatment
- Introduction to Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Practical Related to Safety and Health
- Importance of Maintenance
- Measuring Practice on Cam Height
- Practice Cutting Tools
- Practice on Marking and Drilling
- Pipe Bending
- Soldering and Brazing of Pipes
- Testing Battery with Hydrometer
- Film on Heat Treatment Process
- Principle of Compression Ignition Engine
- Procedure to Fit Bushes
- Importance for Agricultural
- Classification of Rotary Pumps
- Types of Valves
- Principle of Centrifugal Pump
- Defects in Pump Sets
- AC Motors
- Insulation Tester
- Identification of Type of Stationary Engine
- Cleaning of Fuel Tank
- Mourning of Bearing
- Identification of Different Pumps
- Installing of Reciprocating Pump
- Dismantling of Rotary Pumps
- Installation of Seals Leather Polythene
- Reconditioning of Centrifugal Pumps
- Treatment for Electrical Shock
- Verification of Ohm’s Law
- Identifying AC Motors
- Types of Keys for Fitting Pulleys
ITI Pump Operator Course Fees
The course fees for the Pump Operator ITI course is varying from institute to institute. Government institutes have lesser fees as compared to private institutes. On average the fees for ITI in Pump Operator Cum Mechanic course are 5 thousand to 10 thousand in Indian currency.
Average Fees:- ₹5,000 – ₹10,000.
ITI Pump Operator Jobs
After the completion of the course, you can easily get job opportunities in the private sector. There are many private companies that need pump operators for their companies. You can apply to those companies. You can also get a job in the government sector like the government water board. Some of the job profiles are as follows:
- Pump Fitter
- Pump Operator
- Pump Service Mechanic
- Pump Technician
Pump Operator ITI Salary in India
The salary depends on various factors like skillsets, experience, work profile, etc. On average an ITI in pump operator gets around 1.2 lakhs to 2.4 lakhs in a year.
Average Salary:- ₹1,20,000 – 2,40,000 per annum.
Also Read:- ITI Computer Courses after 10th
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the duration of the ITI pump operator course?
The duration of ITI Pump Operator Cum Mechanic is 1 year.
What is the qualification required to do an ITI pump operator?
10th Passed is the minimum qualification required to do an ITI pump operator course.
What can I do after completing the ITI pump operator course?
You can go for higher studies or you can work in any industry.