Want to do the ITI Turner course? If yes, and searching the details of the Turner ITI course then this article is for you. In this article, I will discuss the complete details of the ITI Turner course.
ITI Turner is a technical skill-based course that comes under the mechanical branch. Turner is one trade in ITI that deals with the study of machines part and tools. It is also known as a vocational training program which comes under the craftsmen training scheme which is provided by the government body called as National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
The duration of the ITI Turner course is 2 years. It is a technical course in which you will get both theoretical as well as practical knowledge. Students having an interest in machinery can do this course. The minimum eligibility criteria for the turner ITI course is 10th passed.
You can pursue this course from any ITI institute. There are many private as well as government ITI institutes in India that offer Turner ITI courses to students. It is a job-oriented trade that offers a lot of job opportunities after the completion of the course.
You can get employment opportunities in both the government sector as well as the private sector. You can also apply for an apprenticeship program after the completion of the course.
ITI Turner Course: Overview
|Course||ITI (Industrial Training Institutes)|
|Course Name (Trade)||ITI in Turner Trade|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Eligibility||10th or Equivalent|
|Course Fees||₹5,000 – ₹10,000 (Government)|
₹10,000 – ₹50,000 (Private)
|Salary||1.8 to 3.6 Lakhs per annum (INR)|
What is Turner in ITI?
ITI Turner is one trade in ITI that deals with the study of machines and machines tools. It is a 2 years certificate-level program in the mechanical field. In this course, you will be taught about the types of machines, types of machines tools, equipment, basic safety measure & precaution, assembling of machines parts, and modification of machine parts into perfect shape by using a lathe machine. You can also learn many things by doing practical training.
Turner ITI is one of the popular mechanical-related trades in ITI. Interested students can do this course after passing the 10th standard.
ITI Turner Eligibility Criteria
Those students who want to do the ITI in Turner trade from an ITI institute must full fill these eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for the ITI Turner course are as follow:
- Students must have passed in 10th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board of education.
- 12th and Graduation passed candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Students should take at least 40% marks in their respective examinations.
- Students should be at least 15 years old.
Turner ITI Course Duration
The duration of the ITI Turner trade is 2 years and the course is divided into 4 semesters. The duration of each semester is 6 months.
Duration:- 2 Years
ITI Turner Admission 2021
The admission process for the ITI Turner course depends on the institute to institute. Some ITI institutes take direct admission without taking any entrance test. Where are the majority of government ITI institutes take admission on the basis of merit list or entrance test. According to the institute admission criteria, candidates can apply for the admission form and submit it to the institutes. Now, complete the institute admission process and take admission to the Turner ITI program.
Every state education board in India releases the admission form for ITI courses. Generally, the admission form is released in the month of May to July every year. You can check the official website of your state education board to get the notification of the ITI admission form.
ITI Turner Syllabus
|S No.||ITI Turner Subjects|
- Importance of Safety and Precautions
- Hammer and Scriber
- Drill Machine, Hacksaw Blades
- Definition of Machine & Machine Tool
- Classification of Lathe
- Different Types of Micrometer
- Vernier Caliper
- Driving Plate
- Digital Vernier Caliper
- Importance of Trade Training
- Identification of Tools & equipment
- Drilling Operation
- Grinding of R.H. and L.H.
- Parallel Turning
- Drill Grinding Practice
- Boring Practice
- Threading with the help of Taps and Dies
- Fitting of Dissimilar Materials
- Vernier Height Gauge
- Important Dimensions of Taper
- Types of Screw Thread
- Methods of Forming Threads
- Conventional Chart for Different Profiles
- Soldering, Welding and Brazing
- Use of Buttress Thread
- Buttress Thread Cutting
- Use if Sine Bar
- Eccentric Marking Practice
- Use of Vernier Height Guage
- Screw Thread Cutting
- Pedestal Grinder
- Cutting & Tool Grinding
- Buttress Threads Cutting
- Forum Tools
- Sine Bar
- Method of Brazing Solder
- Cutting Speed
- Preventive Maintenance
- Roller and Revolving Steadies
- Attachments Used in Lathe
- Micrometre Principle
- Multiple Thread Function
- Helix angle
- Introduction to Various Components
- Taper Turning by Taper Turning Attachment
- Internal Taper
- Periodical Lubrication
- Holding and Truing of Crankshaft
- Cutting Metric Threads
- Continuation of Thread Cutting
- Practice of Conventional Turning
- Multi Start Thread Cutting
- Accessories Used on Face Plate
- The setting of Tool for Taper Threads
- Heat Treatment
- CNC Technology
- Types of Programming Techniques
- Interchange Ability Meaning
- Automatic Lathe
- Related Theory and Calculation
- Types of Documentation as per Industrial Need
- Assembly of Components
- CNC Machine
- Practice on CNC Machine Simulator
- Cutting of Helical Grooves
- Thread on Taper Surface
- Turning and Boring of Split Bearing
ITI Turner Jobs Scope
The job scope of Turner in the future is very good. Every year many employment opportunities are being created due to industrialization. After the completion of the ITI Turner course, you can easily get a job in the private sector but in order to get a job in the government sector, you have to clear the competitive examination which is conducted by the government body. Government released vacancies for mechanical students. Some of the job profiles which may you work as after the completion of the course.
- Lathe Operator
- Drilling Operator
- CNC Operator
- Hope Crimper
Turner ITI Salary in India
The average salary that an ITI Turner gets after the completion of the course is 1.8 lakhs to 3.6 lakhs in a year. However, salary depends on many factors like skills, experience, communication skills, etc.
Average Salary:- ₹1,80,000 – ₹3,60,000 per annum.
ITI Turner Apprenticeship
You can also join the apprenticeship program after the completion of the Turner ITI course. By joining an apprenticeship program, you can gain a lot of knowledge by doing practical knowledge. You can get a live experience of work as a turner. You can also get a certification in training as a turner. Many companies release apprenticeship forms every year. You can apply the form and join the apprentice program. Some companies also give money.
Courses after ITI Turner
- You can go for other ITI courses.
- You can go for diploma level courses.
- You can complete 10+2 studies after the Turner ITI course.
- You can do future studies in the mechanical field.
- You can start preparation for government competitive examinations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the work of Turner?
Turner’s work is to assemble and modify the parts of industrial machines.
Are ITI fitter and turner ITI good career courses?
If you have an interest in it then it’s a good career option.
What is the duration of the ITI in the Turner trade?
The duration of the ITI turner course is 2 years.
What qualifications do I need to be a turner ITI?
You have to be 10th passed in order to get admission in the ITI turner course.