Are you want to do O level course? If yes, and searching for O-level course details then don’t worry. In this article, I will discuss the full details about the O level course like its eligibility criteria, duration, admission process, jobs, O level course fees, O level course syllabus, salary, and many more.
Many students are interested in computer science and want to do courses related to computer science. O level is a computer application-based course and a lot of students are interested to do this course after 12th class.
As we all know that computers are necessary for people all around the world. Computers are used in almost all types of industry whether directly or indirectly and the technology of computers is upgrading day by day. Even If you do any computer course like o level course then it plays a beneficial point while getting any government or private jobs.
The o level course is one of the popular computer courses among students. O level is one of the best short term computer courses which you can do after 12th. A lot of government, as well as private colleges in India, provide this course to students.
Let’s move forward and know the complete details about this O level course.
What is O Level Course?
The O level course is a fundamental computer-based course of the duration of 1 year which is provided under the NIELIT (National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology) also known as DOEACC (Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Courses).
In this course, you will get in-depth knowledge about a computer application, internet technology, programming languages, IT tools, multimedia, web design, Introduction to ICT resources, business system, etc. You will also study different aspects of a computer and multimedia. It is a diploma-level course.
The O level course is recognized by the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development), Government of India. The majority of the institutes which provide this O level course are affiliated with the NIELIT.
O Level Course Eligibility
The below eligibility criteria is for students who want to take admission in O level course.
- Candidates must have passed in 12th from a recognized board of education.
- All stream students are eligible to take admission in O level courses.
- Candidates should get a minimum of 50% marks in the 12th board examination.
- Candidates who completed the ITI course after 10th are eligible to take admitted to the O level course.
- Candidates who completed diploma/polytechnic courses after 10th are also eligible to take admission.
- Some institutes take entrance examinations before taking admission. So, you should qualify for that entrance examination for taking admission to that college.
O Level Course Duration
The duration of O level course is 1 Year and it is divided into 2 semesters each having 6 months.
Duration:- 1 Year
O Level Course Admission Process
You can do admission in o level course via two methods.
- Offline (Through Institutes)
- Online (Direct admission via website)
Admission Through Institutes (Offline)
I will explain the offline admission procedure in a simple few steps.
- Step 1 – First visit the institute that offers o level courses.
- Step 2 – Get the application form for the o level course and then fill up the application form by submitting your basic details.
- Step 3 – You have to give some documents like your mark sheet, transfer certificate, and passport size photos.
- Step 4 – After that pay your admission fees at the institute’s payment counter and get the payment receipt.
- Step 5 – Last get your admission receipt and now you are eligible to do your classes.
Admission Through Website (Online)
In the online method, you have to do it all by steps by yourself in any system or device. Let me also explain this in simple short steps.
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of NIELIT (National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology)
- Step 2 – Search the O level course application form and fill-up the form by giving your basic details.
- Step 3 – After that, you have to upload some documents like your mark sheet and transfer certificate.
- Step 4 – Now, pay your admission fees via UPI, net banking, debit card, credit card, mobile banking, etc.
- Step 5 – You get your admission receipt. You can download that receipt on your device.
O Level Course Fees
The o level of course fees depends on the institute to institute. Government institutes have lesser fees compared to private institutes. I give you a basic idea about fees.
- Government Institutes:- ₹1,000 to ₹5,000 full course
- Private Institutes:- ₹5,000 to ₹20,000 full course
O Level Course Syllabus
The O level course is divided into two-semester.
|IT Tools and Business Systems (M1-R4)
|Internet Technology and Web Design (M2-R4)
|Programming and Problem Solving through ‘C’ Language (M3-R4)
|Introduction to ICT Resources (M4.2-R4)
|Introduction to Multimedia (M4.2-R4)
|Application of .NET Technology (M4.1-R4)
|Practical (Based ON M1, M2, M3, M4 Module Syllabus)
Related Read:- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering (Complete Guide)
O Level Course Jobs
Now you know o level course is a computer-based course and we all know that the IT industry is growing day by day and the uses of the computer are increasing very rapidly. So, as a result, it creates a lot of job opportunities in many industries because IT has used in many industries. There are several jobs that require o level course certificate. The o level certificate gives a beneficial edge while getting jobs.
- IT Company
- Digital Marketing Agencies
- Advertising Company
- IT Service Company
- Government Jobs
- Designing Company
- Media Company
- Computer Maintainer
- Computer Assistant
- Computer Expert
- Computer Analyst
O level Jobs Salary
On average, a fresher would get around ₹25,000 to ₹30,000 per month in any IT company.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the benefit of O level course?
Get a beneficial edge while getting government jobs.
What is the fees of O level course?
If want to do it from any private institute then the course fees for you is around ₹5,000 to ₹20,000.
What is the passing mark for O level?
Minimum 50% marks.
Which is better CCC or O level?
O level is better as compared to CCC course because CCC is a basic level course whereas O level is advanced as compared to CCC.
What should I do After the O level?
You can do higher study in the IT industry or you can join any IT job.
How can I apply for O level?
You can do registration through the official website of NIELET.
How many papers are there in O level?
4 Papers and 1 Practical.
Is there any negative marking in O level?
There is no negative marking in O level course.
What does O level stand for?
O level stand for Ordinary Level.
How long does it take to complete O level course?
Generally it takes 2 years along with training. Although it is a one year course.
I hope you get your answer from this article. If you have any query then do comment down below. I will try to respond as soon as possible.