Do you have an interest in fashion and design since childhood and want to do any course related to fashion after 10th? If yes, and you are looking for the details of the ITI fashion designing course then you are at the right place because, In this article, I will provide the complete information about the ITI fashion designing course.
Fashion design is one of the popular fields among a lot of students. Many students pursue their careers in the field of fashion design. There are many job opportunities are available in the field of fashion design. For students who want to do a fashion designing course after 10th, ITI in fashion designing is one of the best options for them.
ITI fashion designing course is a one-year craftsmen training course in the field of design. ITI fashion designing is offered by the Directorate General of Training (DGT) under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. The program is run under the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT).
- What is ITI Fashion Designing?
- ITI Fashion Designing Eligibility
- ITI Fashion Designing Duration
- ITI Fashion Designing Course Syllabus
- ITI Fashion Designing Admission
- ITI Fashion Designing Course Fees
- ITI Fashion Designing Book
- ITI Fashion Designing Jobs Scope
- Career Options after ITI Fashion Designing Course
ITI Fashion Designing Course: Overview
|ITI Full Form
|Industrial Training Institutes
|ITI Fashion Designing Trade
|No of Semester
|2 (6 months each)
|Fashion Designing Technology (Hindi Edition)
What is ITI Fashion Designing?
ITI fashion designing is a one-year certificate-level vocational training course in the field of design. It is a short-term fashion designing course that deals with the study of fashion illustration, fashion ornamentation, fashion accessory, textile science, fashion marketing & management, product specification, sewing, and many more.
Fashion design is one of the popular trades among ITI courses. Candidates who are interested in the field of fashion design can pursue this fashion designing ITI course. This ITI course provides theoretical as well as practical knowledge in fashion design. However, candidates get only basic knowledge in the fashion designing ITI course. Candidates can do higher studies to take advanced knowledge in fashion design.
ITI in fashion design or technology is a job-oriented course. Candidates can get a lot of job opportunities after the completion of the fashion designing ITI program. Fashion designing jobs are available in both government as well as private sectors.
ITI Fashion Designing Eligibility
Candidates who want to do an ITI course in the fashion designing trade must fully fill out the below eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for the fashion designing ITI course are as follows:
- Candidate must have passed in 10th standard or equivalent exam from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should get at least a 40% mark in their respective examinations.
- Candidates should know basic English.
- Diploma pass-out candidates are also eligible for this course.
ITI Fashion Designing Duration
The duration of the ITI in fashion designing course is 1 year. ITI Fashion Designing course consists of 2 semesters and each semester is 6 months in duration. Each element has allowed some hours of study. Respective hours are as follows:
|1. Professional Skill (Trade Practical)
|2. Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)
|3. Employability Skills
|4. Library & Extracurricular Activities
|5. Project Work
|6. Revision & Examination
ITI Fashion Designing Course Syllabus
The syllabus is divided into two semesters. The syllabus contains mainly two subjects. The ITI fashion designing subjects are as follows:
- Trade Theory (Professional Knowledge)
- Trade Practical (Professional Skills)
ITI Fashion Designing First Semester Syllabus
Trade Theory (Professional Knowledge)
- Importance of Safety and General Precaution
- Tool and Equipment
- Types of Machine
- Classification of Machine
- Introduction of Elements and Principles of Design
- Concepts of Design
- Fundamentals and Basics of Color
- Introducing Fullness
- Introduction to Paper Pattern
- Different Types of Materials
- Designing through Computers
- Accessories Designing
Trade Theory (Professional Skills)
- Identification of Tools & Equipment
- Practice of Sewing
- Free Hand Sketching of Different Types of Line
- Creation of Design
- Principles of Design
- Basic Hand and Machine Stitches
- Drawing Texture Fabric Rendering
- Sample Making
- Introduction and Designing through Corel Draw
- Practice on Tools
- Working with Shapes
- Creating Fabric Designs
- Functional Grammer
- Speaking/Spoken English
- Basics of Computer
- Computer Operating System
- Word Processing and Worksheet
- Computer Networking and the Internet
- Introduction to Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Motivational Training
- Facing Interviews
- Behavioural Skills
ITI Fashion Designing Second Semester Syllabus
Trade Theory (Professional Knowledge)
- Different Types of Fabric
- Fashion Drawings
- Wardrobe Planning
- Fashion and Style
- Introduction of Kids Pattern
- Introduction to Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Career in Fashion
- Fashion Design
- Study of Fashion Fraternity
- Fashion Accessories
- Introduction to Trims
Trade Practical (Professional Skills)
- Draping on Dress Form
- Drape and Draw in Different Medium
- Stitching and Finishing
- Quality Management
- Textile Testing and Product Evaluation
- Designing of Tech Pack Cost Sheet
- Design and Creating of Fashion Accessories
- Free Hand Designing
- Concept of Entrepreneurship
- Project Preparation & Marketing Analysis
- Institution’s Support
- Investment Procurement
- Affecting Factors
- Comparison with Developed Countries
- Personal Finance Management
- Safety & Health
- Occupational Hazards
- Accident & Safety
- First Aid
- Basic Provisions
- Energy Conservation
- Global Warming
- Ground Water
- Welfare Acts
- Quality Consciousness
- Quality Circles
- Quality Management System
- House Keeping
- Quality Tools
ITI Fashion Designing Admission
There are mainly 3 ways through which one can take admission to the ITI course. Candidates must qualify for the admission process in order to take admission in the fashion designing ITI trade. Also, candidates must full fill the above eligibility criteria. ITI institutes take admission in the following ways:
- Direct Admission
- Merit-Based Admission
- Entrance Examination Based
In the direct admission process, the institutes take direct admission in ITI fashion designing courses without taking any entrance test. Candidates just have to apply for the application form for the fashion design course. Also, candidates have to pay the application form fees. The application form fees vary from institute to institute.
In the merit-based admission process, the institutes take admission on the basis of merit lists. Candidates who want to take admission to the ITI fashion designing course have to fill out the application form along with their documents such as mark sheet, migration certificate, school leaving certificate, etc. The merit list is based on the percentage scope in the 10th board examination.
Entrance Examination Based Admission
In the entrance examination-based process, the institute takes the entrance examination for admission to the ITI fashion designing course. Generally, the ITI institutes take their own entrance examination. Candidates have to sit in the entrance examination. Candidates have to qualify for the entrance examination in order to get admission to the ITI fashion designing course. However, there are very few colleges that take entrance exams.
ITI Fashion Designing Course Fees
The fees for ITI fashion designing is varying from college to college. Basically, the ITI fashion designing course fees depend on the college or institute. Normally private ITI institute has higher fees compared to government ITI institutes. I can give you an idea of the ITI fashion designing course fees.
- Government Fashion Designing Course Fees:- ₹2,000 to ₹10,000
- Private Fashion Designing Course Fees:- ₹10,000 to ₹1,00,000
ITI Fashion Designing Book
|1. NK ITI Fashion Designing Theory
|2. Fashion Designing Technology
|By A Panel of Authors
|3. ITI Fashion Design Technology
|By Neetu Azad Raman
|4. ITI Fashion Design and Technology
|By Kusum Lala Bharadwaj
ITI Fashion Designing Jobs Scope
There are a lot of job opportunities available in the field of fashion design. Candidates can get a good job after the completion of the ITI fashion designing course. Candidates can work in the design or textile industry. In India, the textile and design industry is growing year by year. As a result, it creates a lot of job opportunities every year.
- Fashion Marketer
- Technical Designer
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Coordinator
Career Options after ITI Fashion Designing Course
- Candidates can go for higher studies in the field of fashion design.
- Candidates can do another ITI course.
- Candidates can do diploma-level courses.
- Candidates can work in the fashion design industry.
- Candidates can start their own fashion designing business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the duration of the ITI fashion designing course?
The duration of the ITI fashion designing course is 1 year.
What are the eligibility criteria for ITI fashion designing?
Candidates must have passed in 10th or equivalent exam from a recognized board of education.
What are the fees of the ITI fashion designing course?
The average fee of the ITI fashion designing course is 5,000 to 50,000 in INR.
What are the subjects in the fashion designing ITI course?
There are mainly two subjects – One is trade theory and another is trade practical.
Can we do fashion designing in 1 year?
Yes, you can do fashion designing in 1 year. ITI in fashion design is one year course.