ITI surveyor is a one-year full-time course that deals with the study of survey projects. ITI surveyor course is a short-term job-oriented course. Many students are interested to pursue this course. Are you one of them? If yes, and searching about the details of the surveyor ITI course then you are at the right place. Here you can check out the complete details of the ITI surveyor course.
You can do this course after passing 10th or any equivalent examination from a recognized board of education. There are many government ITI colleges and private ITI colleges in India that offer ITI in Surveyor trade to students.
- ITI Surveyor Course: Overview
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
ITI Surveyor Course: Overview
|ITI (Industrial Training Institutes)
|Course Name (Trade)
|ITI in Surveyor
|10th or Equivalent
|₹1,000 – ₹10,000 (Government)
₹5,000 – ₹20,000 (Private)
|₹1,20,000 – ₹3,60,000 per annum
|ITI Surveyor Theory (English)
ITI Surveyor Theory (Hindi)
What is ITI Surveyor?
ITI Surveyor is a one-year short-term course in which candidates are taught about various aspects of surveying. In this course, you will learn about the art of surveying sites like roads, buildings, land, construction projects, dams, drains, etc. and ensure that the site meets all the criteria. Basically, surveying means the study of measuring altitudes, angles, and distances on the ground level.
A surveyor also works to verify whether all the documents on the site are correct and whether they comply with all the rules and regulations under the law of India. Although it is a 1-year course, you get to know about all these things during your course period. You get both practical and theoretical knowledge about survey projects.
The ITI Surveyor come under the Craftsman Training Scheme (CTS) which was initiated by the Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGE&T) in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
As I said above, it is a job-oriented program that provides a lot of job opportunities for students after the completion of the course. There is one more thing that makes this course special you can also get a government job after completing this course.
ITI Surveyor Course Eligibility
Candidates who want to pursue an ITI surveyor course from an ITI college must have fulfilled these eligibilities criteria before admission:
- Candidates must have passed in 10th standard.
- Candidates should be passed by a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should be above 14 years of age.
ITI Surveyor Course Duration
The duration of the surveyor ITI course is 1 year and divided into two semesters. The duration of each semester is 6 months.
Duration:- 1 Year
ITI Surveyor Course Syllabus
|ITI Surveyor Subject
- Introduction to Trade
- Types of Scales
- Classification of Survey
- Linear Measuring Instruments
- Principles of Chain Survey
- Town Survey Traversing with Chain
- Care and Maintenance of Chain & Accessories
- Errors in Chain Survey
- Use of Magneti Needles in Survey
- Types of Compass
- Measurement of Directions
- Technical Terms Used in Compass Survey
- Testing and Adjustment of Compass
- Methods of Plane Tabling
- Error in Plane Tabling and Their Elimination
- Tangent Clinometers
- The procedure of Plane Tabling
- Importance of Trade Training
- Nature of Job Done by Surveyors
- Construction of Plane Scales
- Geometrical Drawing Problems on Lines
- Conventional Signs & Symbols Used in Survey
- Chain Survey
- Practice in Chaining
- Procedure in Conducting Chain Survey
- Taking Horizontal Measurements on Sloping Ground
- Chain Survey of an Extensive Area
- Setting Up of Plane Table
- Use of Tangent and Dole Sole’s Clinometers
- Levelling Parts
- Types of Diaphragm
- Methods of Observation
- Introduction to Contour
- Working out Problems on Field Book Reduction
- Purpose of Sectioning
- Steps in Plotting Sections
- Construction and Use of Boning Rods
- Alignment of Road
- Introduction to Theodolite
- Repetition and Reiteration Systems
- Instrumental Errors
- Methods of Plotting Traverses
- Omitted Measurements
- The procedure of Measuring Angles
- Practice in Setting out a Level
- Practice in Reading Staff
- Practice in Differential Leveling
- Performing Permanent Adjustment
- Carrying out Route Survey
- Practice in the Use of Boning Rods and Ghat Tracer
- Road Project
- Preparation of Route Map to Scale
- Practice in Setting Up a Theodolite
- Measurement of Horizontal Angles
- Practice in Measuring Vertical Angles
- Calculating the Ordinates and Plotting the Traverse
- Running an Open Traverse
If you want to check and download the complete syllabus of the ITI Surveyor Course then you can visit this PDF – ITI Surveyor Syllabus PDF Download
ITI Surveyor Admission 2024
The admission process for ITI courses depends on college to college. The majority of the private ITI colleges take direct admission without taking any entrance exam whereas government ITI colleges take admission on the basis of a merit list or entrance examination based. The release date of the application form for admission also varies from state to state because every state has its own schedule.
Some state education boards release the application form for admission in May and June whereas some state education boards release the application form for admission in August-September. So, it varies. You can check all the schedules regarding ITI courses by visiting your state education board website.
Direct Admission:- In this process, you only have to get the application form by paying the form fee and after that, you have to fill out the complete application form and submit it to the ITI college.
Merit-Based Admission:- In this process, candidates have to fill out and submit the application form to the board or college, After that the board or college releases a merit list. The selection process is done on the basis of a merit list and the merit list is based on candidates’ results which they got in their 10th examination. So, if you got good marks in 10th examination then the chances of your selection are high.
Entrance-Based Admission:- In this process, candidates have to sit in the entrance exam the selection process is made based on the performance of the candidates who bring in the entrance exam. When candidates get their results after that candidates have to attend the counselling round which is conducted by the authorities of the board. Their candidates get their allotment letters from their respective colleges.
ITI Surveyor Apprenticeship
For practical training, you can join an apprenticeship program in any company. Companies release apprenticeship programs for students. You can search on google about the apprenticeship programs for surveyors and join any program in your interested company. The benefit of joining an apprenticeship program is that you get fully practical training and an apprenticeship certificate. Also, some companies give stipends to their participants.
ITI Surveyor Course Fees
The fees for the surveyor ITI course depend on college to college. Private ITI colleges have higher fees as compared to Government ITI colleges. On average surveyor course fees are
- Government:- ₹1,000 – ₹10,000
- Private:- ₹10,000 – ₹20,000
ITI Surveyor Job Scope
After the completion of the ITI Surveyor course, you can take a job in the government sector or private sector. There are many companies in both sectors that offer jobs for surveyors. Some of the companies are Indian Railways, National Highway Authority of India, GAIL, Indian Defense, Electricity Department, State Land Department, and many more. Some of the job profiles are as follows:
- Construction Surveyor
- Data Surveyor
- Ship Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor
- Land Surveyor
- Surveyor Assistant
- Field Surveyor
- Technician Surveyor
- Quality Surveyor
Also Read:- Best ITI Courses for Government Jobs
ITI Surveyor Salary
The average salary that an ITI surveyor gets in a job is around ₹10,000 to ₹30,000 monthly i.e. ₹1,20,000 to ₹3,60,000 yearly.
Average Salary:- ₹1,20,000 – ₹3,60,000 per annum.
Courses after ITI Surveyor
- You can go for Diploma in Surveying.
- You can go for Diploma in Mine Surveying.
- You can go for Diploma in Survey Engineering.
- You can go for other ITI courses.
- You can go for diploma-level courses.
- You can complete your higher studies in your interested field.
Also Read:- ITI Computer Trade List
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the salary of ITI surveyor?
The average salary of an ITI surveyor course is Rs10,000 to Rs30,000 monthly.
What is the fees of ITI surveyor course?
The average surveyor ITI course fee is Rs5,000 to Rs20,000.
What is the duration of the ITI surveyor course?
The duration of the ITI surveyor course is 1 year.