Are you interested in construction and welding? If yes, and want to do the ITI welder course? If yes, but you do not know much about the details of the welder ITI trade. So I would like to tell you that you are at the right place because in this article I have provided all the information related to the ITI welder course.
ITI Welder is one of the best short-term courses in ITI of a 1-year duration. The minimum educational qualification required for doing this course is a 10th pass. As far as job opportunities are concerned, It is a job-oriented course. The Welder trade will be available in most ITI colleges all across the country. However, the course fees for ITI welder vary from college to college.
ITI Welder is a basic-level course in which you get more practical knowledge than theoretical knowledge. This type of course is provided because the students can be proficient in one thing and take a job on that basis. The welder trade is classified under the Craftsman Training Scheme run by the Directorate General of Training.
Welder ITI Course: Overview
|Course||Industrial Training Institute (ITI)|
|Level of Course||Certificate|
|Eligibility||8th Pass/10th Pass|
|Admission Procedure||Direct/Merit/Entrance Test|
|Course Fees||₹500 – ₹5,000 (Government)|
₹5,000 – ₹50,000 (Private)
|Jobs Salary||₹8,000 to ₹10,000 per month|
What is Welder in ITI?
ITI welder is a 1-year job-oriented trade which offers studies about welding, various types of welding, tools and equipment used in welding, materials used in welding, electricity, principles of welding, advantages, disadvantages, and many more related to welding. In this course, through practical training, you will learn how welding is done and what precautions have to be kept while welding.
In this course, you will also study different materials which are used for different types of welding such as Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Cored Arc Welding, Energy Beam Welding, Atomic Hydrogen Welding, Gas Tungsten-Arc Welding, and Plasma Arc Welding. In this course, you will learn how to do welding joints of one and more objects.
By the end of this course, you will be well-versed and proficient in all types of welding and will be able to work as a welder. After completing the ITI Welder course, you can get job opportunities in both government and private sectors.
ITI Welder Course Eligibility
These eligibility criteria are for those students who want to take admission to the welder ITI course. Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed in class 8th examination from a recognized board of education.
- The minimum educational qualification of some ITI colleges should be a 10th pass.
- Candidates should have knowledge of the native English language.
- Many institutes or colleges conduct entrance tests before admission. So, if you want to take admission to those institutes or colleges then you have to qualify for their entrance exam and get the proper cut-off.
ITI Welder Course Syllabus
|S No.||ITI Welder Subjects|
|1.||Professional Knowledge (Theory)|
|2.||Professional Skills (Practical)|
|3.||Workshop Calculation and Science|
ITI Welder Syllabus
Trade Theory (Professional Knowledge)
- Importance of Trade Training
- Importance of Welding in Industry
- Metal Arc Welding, and Oxy-Acetylene Welding and Cutting
- Definition of Welding
- Arc and Gas Welding
- Process of Metal Joining Methods
- Types of Welding Joints
- Surface Cleaning
- Basic Electricity Application
- Principle of Arc Welding
- Chemistry of Oxy-Acetylene Flame
- Arc Welding Power Sources
- A.C. and D.C. Welding Machines
- Weld Gauges & Their Uses
- Calcium Carbide Properties and Uses
- Hydraulic Back Pressure Valve
- Oxygen Gas and Its Properties
- Gas Regulators
- Gas Welding Techniques
- Arc Blow
- Difference between Pipe Welding and Plate Welding
- Manifold System
- Gas Brazing & Soldering
- Classification of Steel
- Stainless Steel Types
- Welding Methods of Cast Iron
- Safety Precautions in Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Advantages of GMAW Welding
- Electro Slag and Electro Gas
- Thermit Welding Process
- Tungsten Electrodes
- Resistance Welding Process
Trade Practical (Professional Skills)
- Demonstration of Machinery used in the Trade
- Identification of Safety Equipment
- Hack Sawing
- Marking out on MS plate and Punching
- Setting of Oxy-Acetylene
- Deposit Straight Line Bead on MS plate in Flat Position
- Edge Joint on MS Sheet 2mm Thick in Flat Position without Filler Rod
- Weaved Bead on MS plate 10mm thick in Flat Position
- Setting Up of Oxy-Acetylene and Make Straight Cuts
- Beveling of MS plates 10 mm Thick
- Circular Gas Cutting on MS plate 10mm thick by profile cutting machine
- Square Butt Joint on M.S. Sheet 2 mm Thick in Flat Position
- Open Corner Joint on MS Sheet 2 mm Thick in Flat Position
- Testing of Weld Joints by Using Weld Gauges
- Inspection of Welds by Using Weld Gauges
- Square Butt Joint on M.S. Sheet 2mm Thick in Horizontal Position
- Fillet Lap Joint on M.S. Plate 10mm Thick in Horizontal Position
- Square Butt Joint on M.S. Sheet 2mm Thick in Vertical Position
- Structural Pipe Welding
- Fillet Lap Joint on M.S. Plate 10mm in Vertical Position
- Pipe Welding
- Square Butt Joint on S.S. Sheet
- Square Butt Joint on Aluminium Sheet
- Bronze Welding of Cast Iron
Workshop Calculation and Science
- Systems of Unit
- Ratio and Proportion
- Material Science
- Mass, Weight and Density
- Work, Power and Energy
- Basic Algebra
- Heat and Temperature
- Basic Electricity
- Introduction and Its Importance
- Drawing Instruments
- Free Hand Drawing
- Lettering and Numbering as per BIS SP46-2003
- Drawing of Geometrical Figures
- Sizes and Layout of Drawing Sheets
- Method of Presentation of Engineering Drawing
- Symbolic Representation used in the Related Trade
- Dimensioning Practice
- Drawing of Orthographic Projection in 3rd Angle
- Functional Grammar
- Speaking/Spoken English
- Basics of Computer
- Computer Operating System
- Word Processing and Worksheet
- Computer Networking and Internet
- Introduction to Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Motivational Training
- Facing Interviews
- Behavioural Skills
- Concept of Entrepreneurship
- Project Preparation & Marketing Analysis
- Institutions Support
- Investment Procurement
- Affecting Factors
- Comparison with Developed Countries
- Personal Finance Management
- Safety & Health
- Occupational Hazards
- Accident & Safety
- First Aid
- Basic Provisions
- Energy Conservation
- Global Warming
- Ground Water
- Welfare Acts
- Quality Consciousness
- Quality Circles
- Quality Management System
- House Keeping
- Quality Tools
ITI Welder Course Duration
The duration of the welder ITI course is 1 year. In this 1 year course, some hours of classes are allotted to each of the subjects/elements so that each subject gets enough time to complete the syllabus. The hours for each element are as follows:
|1. Professional Skill (Trade Practical)||1075|
|2. Professional Knowledge (Trade Theory)||258|
|3. Workshop Calculation & Science||86|
|4. Engineering Drawing||129|
|5. Employability Skills||110|
|6. Library & Extracurricular Activities||62|
|7. Project Work||80|
|8. Revision & Examination||280|
ITI Welder Course Fees
The ITI welding course fees vary from college to college. I give you an idea of ITI Welder fees that are based on my experience. The course fees in government ITI colleges are lesser than in private ITI colleges. SC/ST categories students get fewer fees as compared to the General and OBC categories students.
- ITI Welder Course Fees in Government College:- ₹500 – ₹5,000
- ITI Welder Course Fees in Private College:- ₹5,000 – ₹50,000
ITI Welder Books
|1. Welder ITI Trade Complete Set||By Virendra Singh, Dinesh Puri|
|2. N.K NIMI Pattern Welder Theory||By Santosh Chauhan|
|3. Asian Welder Trade Theory||By G.S. Sethi|
|4. ITI Welder Trade (All Subjects)||By Arihant|
|5. ITI Welder Practical (Hindi Edition)||By V.D. Bissa & Pawan Kumar Bissa|
|6. NSQF Level 2 Welder Theory||By Digvijay Singh|
ITI Welder Admission Procedure
The admission procedure for the ITI welder course fluctuates from state to state because some states take admission to government ITI colleges on the basis of a merit list which is released by the respective state education board whereas some state conducts an entrance test for admission in government ITI colleges. For example – West Bengal conduct an entrance test for admission whereas some state like Delhi takes admission on the basis of a merit list.
Generally. the registration for ITI admission starts in the month of May and completed the admission process in the month of July or August.
Note:- Registration fees may be charged at the time of form submission.
ITI Welder Jobs
As Industrialization is booming in India. It creates a lot of job opportunities. The number of factories is increasing day by day and it also creates a demand for a welder in the market. So it has a good scope in the future. You can work in any factory as a Welder man.
ITI Welder Salary
Salary depends on your skills. It may be high or it may be low but on average, a fresher could get around ₹8,000 to ₹10,000 per month i.e. ₹96,000 to ₹1,20,000 per annum.
- Candidates should be physically fit.
- Candidates should be hardworking.
- Candidates should know some basic safety precautions.
- Gas Welder
- Arc Welder
- Pipe Welder
- Electric Welder
After ITI Welder What can I do
- You can apply for the apprenticeship program.
- You can do other vocational programs.
- You can go for higher studies education.
- You can do diploma-level courses.
- You can join any job.
Also Read:- ITI Computer Trades List
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best course after ITI welder?
A diploma in electrical engineering is one of the best courses after ITI welder.
How long is the ITI welding course?
The ITI welding course duration is 1 year.
How many subjects are there in ITI welding?
There are mainly five subjects are there in the ITI welding course.
Can we study in abroad after completing ITI welding in India?
Yes, all are eligible to study abroad after completing the ITI welder course in India.
3 thoughts on “ITI Welder Course Details 2023: Fees, Duration, Syllabus”
thank you and verry nice and simpple informastion…
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Mujhe iti weldar me admission chahiye